The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

In reality, we won't reinvest all of the Magennis money in the side.

However, we've freed up the club captain's wage and pulled in a relatively decent transfer fee.

I'd like to think Monday will be relatively busy and having 2 or 3 new faces in. Defensive cover is a must, and two creative/attacking players, one central and one wide.

In reality, twitter will likely be switched off and we'll be done by 1pm after the Magennis transfer is finalised.

If £250k plus a sell on is accurate then I think that's good business. As I - and others - have said we're pretty well covered in midfield. I reckon he's our best midfielder but I wouldn't say he's considerably better than the others we have, and MacPherson and Erhahon will continue to improve. 

Good luck to Magennis, he's an honest hardworking player who I think can go on to have a decent career. I'd be delighted if he did well for Hibs and got a move to a good club down south. 

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If £250k plus a sell on is accurate then I think that's good business. As I - and others - have said we're pretty well covered in midfield. I reckon he's our best midfielder but I wouldn't say he's considerably better than the others we have, and MacPherson and Erhahon will continue to improve. 

Good luck to Magennis, he's an honest hardworking player who I think can go on to have a decent career. I'd be delighted if he did well for Hibs and got a move to a good club down south. 

Exactly. An honest hardworking player who seems to have turned into a world beater this week. You can add injury prone to that as well. Sounds like a good deal despite the meltdowns by some.

Don’t get some of our fans meltdown over this transfer. Magennis, when fit, is a decent player. Not John McGinn or even Stephen McGinn. Money freed up for a couple of defenders by Monday,

Good luck to the lad at Hibs and I wish him all the best

19 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Don’t get some of our fans meltdown over this transfer. Magennis, when fit, is a decent player. Not John McGinn or even Stephen McGinn. Money freed up for a couple of defenders by Monday,

Good luck to the lad at Hibs and I wish him all the best

Broadly my opinion. The only thing I’m disappointed about is the fact we made such a big deal about rejecting two bids then Goodwin saying what he did. 
We’ve looked shambolic, although that’s not a new thing. 

The man responsible for runing the team did not know one of his key players was sold. This after a club offical statement saying Not For Sale. The manager has been undermined I'm surprised Goodwin has not resigned.  The boardroom is deafening. SMISA is disappointing. 

24 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

The man responsible for runing the team did not know one of his key players was sold. This after a club offical statement saying Not For Sale. The manager has been undermined I'm surprised Goodwin has not resigned.  The boardroom is deafening. SMISA is disappointing. 

Why would he resign? That’s just stupid as he’s got a family to support, so won’t just walk away. In his position, it’s up to the board to make the move and pay him off.

The boardroom is deafening. Do you even proofread any posts you make on here? They're fuckin embarrassing. You seem like a very angry man. Maybe following the saints isn't for you....

41 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Why would he resign? That’s just stupid as he’s got a family to support, so won’t just walk away. In his position, it’s up to the board to make the move and pay him off.

Given where football is with Covid I'm not surprised he has not been resigned.  He has been undermined no dialog was done with Goodwin over selling his Captain. It shows a complete lack of respect for the manager that will do damage in the long run. Tony Fitzpatrick is a football man who  normally talk to Goodwin regarding such matters.  That's not Tony no doubt Tony was told not to tell Goodwin. It might mean nothing to you. To me it points to dictatorship at the top

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

The boardroom is deafening. Do you even proofread any posts you make on here? They're fuckin embarrassing. You seem like a very angry man. Maybe following the saints isn't for you....

Yea how dare me be critical about the way the club is being run. 

39 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

So has Kyle not agreed terms or have the club actually rejected the offer?

I'm going to hold off and see what happens before slaughtering anybody emoji23.png.

He watched Hibs on Friday night been reported he will sign for Hibs on Monday.