The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

Zlamal is off back to Hearts after tomorrows game, so why not?

Are we sure of that? I saw a comment attributed to Neilson where he defended his allowing Zlamal to go out on loan as "giving him the chance of 3 competitive games". Which would suggest he's here until Saturday and our game against United.

Just now, Ric said:

Are we sure of that? I saw a comment attributed to Neilson where he defended his allowing Zlamal to go out on loan as "giving him the chance of 3 competitive games". Which would suggest he's here until Saturday and our game against United.

Alnwick and Lyness had to self-isolate for 10 days, the Utd game will be outwith that 10 day period so they should both be available.

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 12/09/2020 at 00:38, ali_91 said:

I hadn’t seen that before, but that’s class from the St Mirren twitter. Things you love to see.

Justifying the mocking of a dead child on the other hand, is not, you fucking imbecile. Some people take football far too seriously. Imagine getting that angry you’d resort to something like that. 

I still don't know what the dead child stuff is about. The #heartbreaker Tweet was clearly aimed at Hearts.

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 12/09/2020 at 01:34, Billy Jean King said:
On 11/09/2020 at 17:19, 8GamesToGo said:
Eh? A picture of Obika promoting a game vs Hibs with the hashtag heartbreaker - "Watch the #heartbreaker in action". 
What's wrong with you? Twilight Zone stuff.

Mods get this vile total piece of shit binned ffs.

It was St Mirren who posted a #heartbreaker tweet I'm now being told refers to a dead child.

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 12/09/2020 at 01:36, RandomGuy. said:

Figured out if 75% is more than 25% yet?

Still think the Dundee vote wasn't the one vote that settled it, meaning if they hadn't changed their vote it wouldn't have passed despite most clubs voting for it.

Still think it's perfectly normal for Doncaster to call Aberdeen and tell them they don't need to bother voting at all? 

As I said if you want to pretend it was a simple Yes - No vote with all the Yeses and Nos counted to see who came out top go for it. It wasn't and if it had been clubs might have voted differently.

I think Urminsky has at least played some first team football somewhere, so it wouldn't be a case of plunging a completely inexperienced youth goalie into a game.

That said, I'd probably stick with Zlamal for this one. Had it been anyone but one of the Old Firm I'd have made the change, but would probably go with the experienced goalie. He wasn't the reason we were pish on Saturday although you can blame the third goal on him.

I’d sooner see Urminsky in goals, he’s got to develop at some point. Hladky was thrown in at Parkhead, early on or maybe even his first game, and chucked one in the net then turned out to be great. Urminsky may not get a better opportunity to perform with Alnwick being out best player thus far and, barring another episode, unlikely to be out for many future games along with Lyness.

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Mihai Popescu close to joining Hearts apparently, if I remember rightly he was quite well thought of wasn't he?  Good signing?

Excellent signing. We tried to re-sign him but his agent messed about. A leader, defends well and has some great mazy runs from the back. Good passer. Gutted we did not get him.

18 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Mihai Popescu close to joining Hearts apparently, if I remember rightly he was quite well thought of wasn't he?  Good signing?

Would still take him in a heartbeat, not least because we only have two centre halves. He will stroll the Championship in ways I can't quite describe. You will develop confusing feelings in the trouser department for him. That is all.

38 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

A good, solid player.

Although, I get the feeling, that in amongst the euphoria of surviving the play off, he was elevated to a better player than he actually was.