The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

29 minutes ago, Ric said:

If he doesn't want to be here, then he shouldn't be here. It really is as simple as that.

I'd be interested as to why though, not to cast the blame and just out of curiosity. Could just be him being homesick or having family commitments considering it's an Icelandic team the mooted loan is for. I'd be a bit more miffed should it be another UK based team.

Injured from what I heard, or maybe that was just a reason/excuse to cut his loan short. 

Edited by Munoz

15 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Injured from what I heard, or maybe that was just a reason/excuse to cut his loan short. 

I appreciate you are just passing on what you heard, but being "re-loaned" wouldn't come about from injury.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

I appreciate you are just passing on what you heard, but being "re-loaned" wouldn't come about from injury.

I know. Heard late week he was leaving and probably injury would have seemed the only real reason that he was away so soon. Now it looks obvious he just didn't fancy it up here.

Edited by Munoz

Thought it was a knock out compilation in these early stages of course I may be wrong. Cheers for that. 

They’ve been knocked out the champions league and went into the europa league.

43 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I know. Heard late week he was leaving and probably injury would have seemed the only real reason that he was away so soon. Now it looks obvious he just didn't fancy it up here.

Yeah, he couldn't adjust to the lifestyle in Paisley. He's signing for Motherwell next week.

3 hours ago, Ric said:

If he doesn't want to be here, then he shouldn't be here. It really is as simple as that.

I'd be interested as to why though, not to cast the blame and just out of curiosity. Could just be him being homesick or having family commitments considering it's an Icelandic team the mooted loan is for. I'd be a bit more miffed should it be another UK based team.

Aye, you'd have to assume it's home sickness or the like as you'd think Norwich would prefer he was playing in the Scottish Premiership rather than Iceland.

I'm fairly sure I saw Durmus in the stand on Saturday but didn't notice Thor.

Aye, you'd have to assume it's home sickness or the like as you'd think Norwich would prefer he was playing in the Scottish Premiership rather than Iceland.
I'm fairly sure I saw Durmus in the stand on Saturday but didn't notice Thor.
Why wasn't he homesick at Norwich or Fleetwood, not really buying that theory

Homesick or gametime. Norwich lend out players for experience in playing games. If the player is not likely to start regularly then there is no point in him being on loan. With Connolly , McAllister, Flyn and Magennis all vying to play wide right then there is no gain for anyone for Thor staying for us.

Best of luck to the lad wherever he ends up.

18 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Homesick or gametime. Norwich lend out players for experience in playing games. If the player is not likely to start regularly then there is no point in him being on loan. With Connolly , McAllister, Flyn and Magennis all vying to play wide right then there is no gain for anyone for Thor staying for us.

Best of luck to the lad wherever he ends up.

And McGrath, arguably.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

".. as he seeks opportunities closer to home"

Yeah, hopefully nothing serious on a personal level behind it.

Shame it never worked out, plenty of talk about his attributes. Might just give us some additional wiggle room for a defensive signing, especially given the Baird situation.

He keeps getting written off by Saints fans but is decent back up Jack Baird we also have Foley.  

One of Jacks qualities is he makes a great recovering tackle, unfortunately it’s generally because he made the mistake in the first place due to a lack of positional sense.

Great lad who has served the club really well but he needs to be playing regularly and right now the Premiership is a step too far.

Doesn’t make him a bad player, he’s just not one of the top ~40 centre halves playing in Scotland.