The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, Buddie Holly said:

i too have always been surprised at the hatred towards gus.

There are corners of our support who are basically moon-howling loons who will argue with anyone and everything. Irrational hatred of something, doesn't matter what, is a way of life for them. It's a bizarre state of affairs and is why BAWA is unreadable these days.

There are corners of our support who are basically moon-howling loons who will argue with anyone and everything. Irrational hatred of something, doesn't matter what, is a way of life for them. It's a bizarre state of affairs and is why BAWA is unreadable these days.
I suspect most of the remaining incumbents of BWA are not even Saints supporters. Probably about 50 users with about 300 user names !!!

I think I'm right in saying that is was Gus who scoured Europe to find Hladky, Popescu, Muzek, etc? Good chance we'd be in the Championship if that rescue job hadn't been done on the squad in early 2019.

Reading the brief statement the club put out you wonder if it might not be the most amicable of partings, which would be a shame.

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

Who was our manager when we let Ross Stewart go?

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Stubbs

45 minutes ago, smellthepaw said:

There was a five figure fee involved, though unsure if we included a sell-on.

Fucking hell, that's depressing. 

2 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I think I'm right in saying that is was Gus who scoured Europe to find Hladky, Popescu, Muzek, etc? Good chance we'd be in the Championship if that rescue job hadn't been done on the squad in early 2019.

Reading the brief statement the club put out you wonder if it might not be the most amicable of partings, which would be a shame.

Cant see that Gus and Gordon Scott are very good friends 

1 hour ago, Buttocks Brown said:

No you would be wrong the info on Hladky and Popescu came from Kearney's Father in law who has contacts in those area's.  Hence why despite they players being successful Saints have not used the market since.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Stewart needed game time at a lower level, which he got with County, but I've said all along that it was a short sighted move to let him go.

I agree with that completely, he probably needed that season in the Championship but we should've loaned him out. 

Stubbs got rid of a promising youngster and brought in a couple of guys from the Jamie Vardy school and a Brock Madsen. 

I can't believe I'm even talking about Stubbs again, it just annoys me. 

1 hour ago, Buddie Holly said:

the hatred was there before the final.

I think a lot of it was just down to a few entitled fans who thought they had some kind of sway at the club, who were then massivley put out to find MacPherson didn't give a f**k about their opinions and had no interest in kissing their arses to be honest.

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

I think a lot of it was just down to a few entitled fans who thought they had some kind of sway at the club, who were then massivley put out to find MacPherson didn't give a f**k about their opinions and had no interest in kissing their arses to be honest.

Macpherson was a brilliant manager for us. He took over a shite team at the bottom of the second tier, finished 2nd in his first full season in charge, then won the league the following year. He then proceeded to keep us up and get us to a final (disappointing as it was) and a semi final. 

I think all managers have a shelf life and maybe the time was right for a change, but his record as Saints boss is a very good one. I don't understand the animosity towards him and anyone that says he was a shite manager is an idiot.