The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Gary McKenzie, talk to me lads. Should do a job in league one eh?

Fantastic signing for you. Love big Gary Mac. Thought he might have got a higher end Championship gig to be honest. If he stays fit then he’ll be immense for you.

8 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Ability wise, would do a job for a championship team, albeit he's not the quickest.

Unfortunately he's been blighted by different injuries the last couple of seasons.

Good luck to him, always gave 100% for us.

If it was guaranteed he could play 30+games a season he would probably still be with us.

He is an absolute warrior on the pitch, one man mountain. I've never seen a StMirren defend dominate so much in the air...when he is fit of course.

I'd even say ability wise GMac is maybe even bottom end premiership, but 37 appearances in all competitions over the last 3 seasons (and he was pretty much a first pick for that whole period, bar the end of last season, when McCarthy and Famewo were ahead of him) pretty much tells you all you need to know about why we released him.

His performance in the play offs last season was absolutely colossal, especially in the second leg when the United players were queuing up to elbow him in the head. He just won everything. I really liked him as a player and I hope he does well.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

If he stays fit you have won a watch. The Bank was always first choice when fit but that was the problem. A solid defender that gave and won everything. I wish him well. Will always be respected by Buddies.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Cracking player. No offence intended but I’m very surprised that is the level he’s dropping down to. Only issue would be his injury record but when he’s on the pitch he’s absolutely solid, and a real goal threat from corners and free kicks. There was St. Mirren fans who used to back him every week for first goal scorer and it landed more than a few times. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If it was guaranteed he could play 30+games a season he would probably still be with us.

He is an absolute warrior on the pitch, one man mountain. I've never seen a StMirren defend dominate so much in the air...when he is fit of course.

Sounds like Bobby Reid from the 1977 champions team.

On 26/07/2020 at 11:22, elvis said:
On 26/07/2020 at 11:10, Ric said:
Oh, come now Elvis, you fucking revel in misery! emoji6.png

No I don't actually but if you can tell me one thing to be upbeat about with our team right now with a week to go. I tell you what if livingston don't beat us by at least a couple of goals next week I will 100 % stop posting on here and BWA.

Why are you still posting then? Away for a shite ya walloper.

Why are you still posting then? Away for a shite ya walloper.

He’s made similar pronouncements numerous times over the last decade.

He hasn’t lived up to them once and he won’t this time. He’ll be all over BAWA and here like a rash if we lose at Ibrox next week.