The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

25 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

If anyone was going to be clatty and disease ridden it would be the Paisley Buddies.

So I guess one would classify this post as a "false negative" then?

5 hours ago, Munoz said:

Supposedly 6 of the 7 suspected cases are now negative according to Talk Sport. 

Testing system sounds flawed. 

One of the ways to increase test capacity and reduce costs is running a single test on multiple samples. And if there is a positive test in a batch each one is then individually checked.

So it might be the case that the batch came back positive and the lab called the people to ask them to self isolate for the time it takes to do the individual tests.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

One of the ways to increase test capacity and reduce costs is running a single test on multiple samples. And if there is a positive test in a batch each one is then individually checked.

So it might be the case that the batch came back positive and the lab called the people to ask them to self isolate for the time it takes to do the individual tests.

Sounds like a great idea. I hope the NHS are looking at a similar logic to reduce costs for terminal cancer tests.

6 hours ago, Radford said:

Do you know why that is?

St Johnstone bought a machine from South Korea for testing. Does that not produce results?

St Mirren bought theirs from South London.

0_Del-Boy.jpg

Watching Notts County v Barnt on BT. Commenter said Mitch Rose is coming to the end of his contract he has already turned down Scottish premiership side St Mirren. He is a midfielder never heard his name before.  Notts County striker Calum Roberts is impressive got a double here so far. Scored in County's last three games. 

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Watching Notts County v Barnt on BT. Commenter said Mitch Rose is coming to the end of his contract he has already turned down Scottish premiership side St Mirren. He is a midfielder never heard his name before.  Notts County striker Calum Roberts is impressive got a double here so far. Scored in County's last three games. 

We offered him a deal before Sheron a few weeks ago. Was all over the press at the time. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We offered him a deal before Sheron a few weeks ago. Was all over the press at the time. 

From this game I watched he was no stand out but hey ! It's one game granted a semi final. If I was Goodwin would keep an eye on Roberts  ex Newcastle youth player knows where goals is I'm impressed.  

I wonder if this little scare has put the mockers on any signings coming in.

Not that I'm saying we won't bring players in, just wondered if this affected any deals that were being done.

Just now, Ric said:

I wonder if this little scare has put the mockers on any signings coming in.

Not that I'm saying we won't bring players in, just wondered if this affected any deals that were being done.

I'd imagine our signing targets are in the fairly safe from Covid infection category.

Unless we've gone for real experience and tried to sign players in the 50 years plus category.:whistle

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'd imagine our signing targets are in the fairly safe from Covid infection category.

Unless we've gone for real experience and tried to sign players in the 50 years plus category.:whistle

I hear Gus is pulling his boots on as we speak!

My question was more about players being put off coming to the club if there are risks. Obviously there _are_ risks, but I'm guessing we hit the headlines recently.