The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 hours ago, Drooper said:

Not sure who we could realistically bring in who'd be a significant upgrade. Anyone in mind?

How many defenders do we get, who are OK, decent, do us a turn, then they bugger off, leaving us to find another ‘decent’ type? I’m thinking Tesselaar, Stelios, Popescu, Muzek types here. They come, they get a song, they are reasonably popular, they eat chocolate thown at them, then they fcuk off.

Boo!

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

How many defenders do we get, who are OK, decent, do us a turn, then they bugger off, leaving us to find another ‘decent’ type? I’m thinking Tesselaar, Stelios, Popescu, Muzek types here. They come, they get a song, they are reasonably popular, they eat chocolate thown at them, then they fcuk off.

Boo!

Seems to be the way of for us. It would be great to have a bit of consistency, but we don't do that. It isn't our thing. We like chaos and disintegration. St Shambles😊

13 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Seems to be the way of for us. It would be great to have a bit of consistency, but we don't do that. It isn't our thing. We like chaos and disintegration. St Shambles😊

We need another Vanzy. Solid enough, reliable enough, usually fit and available, and just seems a good fit at the good ship Smurrrnn.

59 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Boo!

I'd add Jure Travner to that list too

11 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I hope Cody comes on to be a great asset but it is a bit early IMHO to consider him to be a starter in the team. He only started a couple of League games last season and was  poor in them. Yes he scored a hat trick, as a sub,  against a 10 man Dundee and he put a poor Championship centre half under great pressure in 2 play-off games but I would have great reservations to consider him as our starting centre forward as he is still unproven. I'll give him a chance that he has earned but certainly not as the first choice striker.

Yes, that makes sense, the less pressure he is under (which as the main striker he would be) the better will be his improvement, one hopes both for his sake and the clubs and he seems to be a nice lad.

10 hours ago, Drooper said:

I'm not fussed either way.

The Johnnies seem keen, but I reckon that is fueled by nostalgia as much as anything else.

It could go either way for whichever club signs him. Bit of a punt, so if it involved significant outlay, I'd tend to steer clear.

In any event, I have heard of a potentially more promising (if equally unlikely) possibility....

Do tell  .. gies a clue go awn gies a clue?  😎

11 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I would love to see May on loan at St Mirren for no other reason than pissing off all the fakes, who remain the biggest shower of wankers on this forum.😁

Your ambition is quite endearing, but the simple fact of the matter is that Stevie May wouldn't join St. Mirren even if Jim Goodwin threatened to murder him and his entire family.

37 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Your ambition is quite endearing, but the simple fact of the matter is that Stevie May wouldn't join St. Mirren even if Jim Goodwin threatened to murder him and his entire family.

Prefers the peace and quiet of St Johnstone match days....

57 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

To be fair, I'm all for him going back to Perth.

The other one that Drooper hinted at earlier is a far more exciting prospect. :) 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, I'm all for him going back to Perth.

The other one that Drooper hinted at earlier is a far more exciting prospect. :) 

The close season can be frustrating on many fronts. Will take your word for it and keep my fingers crossed.