The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Agree 100% bud Scott holding his ground . OK wants to return home but wants a pay off . its simple move over from Ireland or leave .no pay off . he is home every weekend for 3/4 days no good need total commitment

Exactly what I'm thinking. It looks like Colraine are holding off appointing a new manager as well, because they want him to be sacked so they don't have to pay compensation. The whole thing stinks and it amazes me our fans are so desperate to see big conspiracies in regards to GLS (who has backed every manager we've had so far apart from Rae, including Stubbs), instead of the most obvious answer which is that Kearney wants to go back to Colraine, but he wants a payoff, and Colraine won't pay compensation for him.

33 minutes ago, GAD said:

Sounds to me like everyone is desperate to blame Scott here but this looks like it could just as easily be Kearney working his ticket hoping for a payoff. If he wants to go back to Ireland, fine. If he's not happy with the budget, or the way the club is run, fine. He should quit, and he should do it now.

This stinks of him leaking to the papers in the hope he'll get sacked whilst gullible fans eat it up because they don't like Scott or MacPherson.

Can you produce evidence? Or is it a personal opinion? 

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Can you produce evidence? Or is it a personal opinion? 

Personal opinion, obviously. There is not a single person on here who has a clue what's actually happened. However, we do know Colraine currently have no manager, and these rumours basically started when their old manager left and have never gone away.

Agree 100% bud Scott holding his ground . OK wants to return home but wants a pay off . its simple move over from Ireland or leave .no pay off . he is home every weekend for 3/4 days no good need total commitment
Simple you say, what if he doesn't move nor resign ? Unless this clause was written into the contract Kearney signed, Scott doesn't have a leg to stand on. If he goes it will be "mutual consent " i.e. he's been paid off (assuming no such clause exists)

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Being reported Jim Goodwin at the stadium. Anton Ferdinand tweeting he will be back in Paisley. Irish league insider reporting in his latest tweet Oran leaving St Mirren. Meanwhile fans are bewildered.  

Anton has family connections in Paisley, which is partly why he ended up playing here in the first place. Nothing to see there!

Are you guys not worried that this is dragging on? Season starts in 3 weeks with the cup...

How many do you actually have signed up for the 1st team? Obviously you aren't signing anyone until the managerial situation is sorted but not getting business done early surely will hurt in terms of players available?

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Are you guys not worried that this is dragging on? Season starts in 3 weeks with the cup...

How many do you actually have signed up for the 1st team? Obviously you aren't signing anyone until the managerial situation is sorted but not getting business done early surely will hurt in terms of players available?

No, no. Don't be daft, last summer we did the majority of our recruitment in July and we turned out......

f**k, never mind.

13 hours ago, GAD said:

Sounds to me like everyone is desperate to blame Scott here but this looks like it could just as easily be Kearney working his ticket hoping for a payoff. If he wants to go back to Ireland, fine. If he's not happy with the budget, or the way the club is run, fine. He should quit, and he should do it now.

This stinks of him leaking to the papers in the hope he'll get sacked whilst gullible fans eat it up because they don't like Scott or MacPherson.

Neither of those guys have leaked anything. Try your man Josh Heaton

Things are a lot worse than all the rumours floating around with only one truth that being harsh words said between Oran and GLS. It's got nothing to do assistant manager, commuting . It's a lot worse.  I'm holding off purchase of the season ticket  dont think I could hack what is coming.