The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Well the play off's for us just hope we are at home first. Quite painful given ( if ) we win our last two games we finish 1 point behind Hamilton. Big thank you to the ref yesterday ( not ) 

We'll be at home in the 2nd leg, if it comes to it.

Not quite sure why anyone is chucking the prospect of staying up automatically. 

It is out of our hands but we're unbeaten in 4 and have a massive game next Monday to hopefully pull Accies back in. If we can do so there is a massive possibility of 10th given both teams last day fixtures. 

Fair play to Accies though, they have matched our form blow for blow with both teams picking up a win and 3 draws in the last 4. Any other point in the season, the likelihood is that one of us would have shat the bed and allowed the other to pull away. 

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

We will beat Hamilton at home. My biggest and most uncomfortable fear is having to rely on those Perth kunts for a favour. 

By the looks of things we're on our holiday, and likely to wait until the final day to give players like Brian Easton a game.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

By the looks of things we're on our holiday, and likely to wait until the final day to give players like Brian Easton a game.

Surely you won't lose to Hamilton though  ?

Just now, Munoz said:

Surely you won't lose to Hamilton though  ?

Well we lost to them a month or so ago, it's not as if we're some magnificent side who brush all before us away.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well we lost to them a month or so ago, it's not as if we're some magnificent side who brush all before us away.

You don't need to. Just shitfest it. 

Anyway, it's a moot point for now. We need to somehow break down an Accies team next Monday who will likely be wasting every second from the off to get the point they need. 

We don't break teams down very effectively so I think we know where this is headed. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

You don't need to. Just shitfest it. 

Meh, we'll be on our holidays and itll be a game to say farewell to some loyal servants. You should've won more games during the previous 8 months to avoid this situation.

Anyone reckon there’s any truth to the Kearney rumours?

I think he took the year sabbatical from school as an insurance policy because we do go through a lot of managers.

Might work out best for all if he keeps us up, he leaves us in the Premiership as a hero, we get Goody in [emoji7].

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think he took the year sabbatical from school as an insurance policy because we do go through a lot of managers.

Might work out best for all if he keeps us up, he leaves us in the Premiership as a hero, we get Goody in emoji7.png.

Kearney came into a club in disarray kept us in touch up till the January window and once the team started to gel in February got us back to 11th - where he came in. He's earned the right to to be in charge next season whatever division we're in, that said if he decides that teaching & managing P/T back over the water is safer/less stress who could blame him - he'd leave with my best wishes.

Kearney came into a club in disarray kept us in touch up till the January window and once the team started to gel in February got us back to 11th - where he came in. He's earned the right to to be in charge next season whatever division we're in, that said if he decides that teaching & managing P/T back over the water is safer/less stress who could blame him - he'd leave with my best wishes.
I think the biggest negative would be him missing his family.

Don't get me wrong I don't want rid of him but if he has handed in his notice I hope we have lined up a replacement, look at the farce last May/June.

Not really believing these rumours but if he wants to go home, he'll do so with most supporters best wishes. 

Just a pain in the arse that we'd have to clamber back on the merry go round yet again.

I still believe he'll be our gaffer next season but if not, it's time to bring Jim home. 

Edited by djchapsticks

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I don't want rid of him but if he has handed in his notice I hope we have lined up a replacement, look at the farce last May/June.

Very much this - altho' you could argue this situation is what a DoF is for!

Edited by btb

See the boys in W7 have been given the go ahead to install a vertical pulley system to help with displays next season. We'll be first club in the UK to have such a system. 

I know they've taken a lot of stick from other teams fans and our own for their alleged conduct at times and for the stuff looking a bit daft but their wee group has grown from a few dozen to several hundred and they absolutely put the effort in. I genuinely believe its driving crowds to the games up as well as the atmosphere both a lt home and on the road has drawn a lot of praise from pundits and opposition fans alike.