The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

45 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolutely galling. 

Asked before and will do so again. What are our recruitment team of Gus and Tony actually bringing to the table? 

Our remit was to get one player who would improve us up top. So far, that hasn't been done despite Fitzy happily spilling his guts to everyone listening in the 1877 club before the Alloa game that 2 strikers were done deals. 

Your frustration is getting the better of you. Clearly players have been identified, Gus - Tony sets the deal but you can't twist a players hand, budget. 

If the club fail to sign a striker today then serious questions have to be asked. What the actual f**k are McPherson and Fitzy doing if they’ve had four months to identify players, yet they cant find a striker. Kearney says in his interview that it’s possible we can get free agents over the coming weeks, WTF more unfit trialists in Feb while we sit bottom of the league.  Shambles.

11 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

If the club fail to sign a striker today then serious questions have to be asked. What the actual f**k are McPherson and Fitzy doing if they’ve had four months to identify players, yet they cant find a striker. Kearney says in his interview that it’s possible we can get free agents over the coming weeks, WTF more unfit trialists in Feb while we sit bottom of the league.  Shambles.

Vince tell me what can be done if a player feels he is being undervalued with the offer ? Serious question. My opinion is that 2 players are waiting for better offers. If that is not forthcoming I'm sure we will have 2 players signd tonight. 

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Vince tell me what can be done if a player feels he is being undervalued with the offer ? Serious question. My opinion is that 2 players are waiting for better offers. If that is not forthcoming I'm sure we will have 2 players signd tonight. 

I think you’ll find that it’s GLS who won’t pay the required wages for players at this level. Something is wrong when you have Gus in as head of recruitment and we’ve still not managed to find a striker when all of our relegation rivals seem to have strengthened in that position. 

4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Come on mate, be real. We were told in October that targets were thoroughly identified etc. We've had a long, long time to sort something out for the position we need most.

We had our own chief exec in the 1877 club telling supporters that 2 strikers were more or less done near enough 3 weeks ago and we've seen nada.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Come on mate, be real. We were told in October that targets were thoroughly identified etc. We've had a long, long time to sort something out for the position we need most.

We had our own chief exec in the 1877 club telling supporters that 2 strikers were more or less done near enough 3 weeks ago and we've seen nada.

I understand but it's the same old story unfortunately budget.  For me it's nuts not to spend to try and stay in the League especially given the coming rise in TV money . Fingers crossed.  

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Osman Sow going to Dundee Utd.

He'd have been a magnificent signing.

On the plus side, I got decent odds on them to win the league a few weeks back. 

image.png.b674a8e7219d67715f522459d550b32f.png

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Apparently the Bradford thing isn't happening. Seems he was offered to them but they patched him.

I'd absolutely take Sammon, and have said so all along.

A new striker would be good but I don't remember a match this season where we created 10-15 chances and our strikers failed to take them.

We've provided little to no service to our current strikers and despite that Jackson has scored 3 times in the last 5 games. There can't be many strikers out there who score 3 in 5 for a club at the bottom of the league and are candidates to get dropped.

If Lyons, Mcallister and Dreyer can provide the service our current strikers can still do a job

All that being said I think we need another striker to give us options.