The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

19 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yeah. The damage has already been done. The club are already preparing for life in the championship next season.

Our only hope is Dundee keeping McCann till January but there is no chance of that.

Would take 11th place right now.

I wouldn't throw the towel in just yet.  League holders Celtic are only two wins in front of us and only 3 goals better off at scoring at this point of the season. Aberdeen 5 points etc. 

6   Celtic 6 2 10
7   Aberdeen 6 0 9
8   St Johnstone 6 -4 8
9   Hamilton 6 -2 6
10   Motherwell 6 -4 4

11   St Mirren 6 -9 4

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

We currently have a striker on trial with international experience, he’s played at a very decent level down south and has a very decent goal scoring record.

Hopefully he’s got a decent level of fitness and not another who won’t get a gig because he’s not done a pre season.

As long as it's not Vaz Te !

Just now, glenburn bud said:

No it’s not him fortunately. This lad scored the winner in the championship play off final a few years ago. 

Vaz Te's the only one I can see who's out of contract , that scored the winner in the Champ play off final ? Ive been through every play off since 2011 :)

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

No it’s not him fortunately. This lad scored the winner in the championship play off final a few years ago. 

It wasn't the playoff final. It was this game...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/8488767/Portsmouth-0-Norwich-City-1-match-report.html

Going by Wikipedia, he has scored about 15 goals since leaving Norwich in 2013. Three a season.

Would probably rather we saved our money for better guys becoming available in January or give the guys we've got a shot. The likes of Cooke and any youngsters we have must be a better option surely.

The Sun reckon you’ve signed Dean Lyness - a goalkeeper who last played for Nuneaton. He went to Austria with us for pre-season but didn’t earn a deal and I think he had a trial at Aberdeen too prior to them signing Cerny. Probably about the best back up keeper you’d hope to get outside the window. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Kyle Magennis out for several months; S. McGinn playing while injured.

Lucky White Heather!

Thats what stood out for me in the sun report. Kyle is a huge loss , Stephen McGinn  knee injury is worrying also. McShane is the obvious replacement for McGinn hopfully he has a hunger for being out for so long. 

I wouldn't throw the towel in just yet.  League holders Celtic are only two wins in front of us and only 3 goals better off at scoring at this point of the season. Aberdeen 5 points etc. 
6   Celtic 6 2 10
7   Aberdeen 6 0 9
8   St Johnstone 6 -4 8
9   Hamilton 6 -2 6
10   Motherwell 6 -4 4

11   St Mirren 6 -9 4

image.gif.ec304b2c6f9a9491c6998de0f9b3746f.gif
image.gif.3c034de465ac821fa1a0079efa21f183.gif
image.gif.b9fca8ed5ee3e51bef36f769a0176aab.gif
image.gif.3ba8112013addd41026866a076a64c37.gif
image.gif.d76721ddc73a6c7c96e8453a84f1070e.gif
image.gif.56b26f78f7f53fefee007787f96045fe.gif
image.gif.513b78e8bec736e0e83b0657781d2e53.gif
Defo bud but our main focus at the start of the season would have been to stay ahead of Livi and Accies, both have gave us a proper doing.

Our only hope is Dundee giving McCann till January but if he loses against Accies he'll be papped.

Our squad is rotten, with Magennis and McGinn both injured we have next to nothing in the middle of the park, no goals up front, no width, and a defence which is leaking goals left right and centre.

We will need to have a miraculous January transfer window to give us a fighting chance.

23 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Thats what stood out for me in the sun report. Kyle is a huge loss , Stephen McGinn  knee injury is worrying also. McShane is the obvious replacement for McGinn hopfully he has a hunger for being out for so long. 

McShane's not even been getting picked for the reserves though. He looks to be totally bombed out. But yeah, he does seem like the obvious alternative.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Defo bud but our main focus at the start of the season would have been to stay ahead of Livi and Accies, both have gave us a proper doing.

Our only hope is Dundee giving McCann till January but if he loses against Accies he'll be papped.

Our squad is rotten, with Magennis and McGinn both injured we have next to nothing in the middle of the park, no goals up front, no width, and a defence which is leaking goals left right and centre.

We will need to have a miraculous January transfer window to give us a fighting chance.

We are poor though not as bad as you are making out. Obviously our game plan went right out the window with Kyle out on Friday then Baird out on warm up making Paul move to centre back Add in S McGinn carrying an injury that's a lot of problems to fix. I'm more optimistic I'm sure we will pick up points at home , not a lot but enough to keep us in the mix till January.