The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 hours ago, Munoz said:

There is a big difference between selling rival fans a match ticket & having a rival club selling merchandise from a shop within your ground......

Now before we go any further, wtf, is this all about ? ......

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg.0a9c974c6ff4ec4ef9871a97c86b5d41.jpg

That was peter Lawell trying to flex his muscles and abuse the deal that was struck. Our chairman who was on holiday at the time told them to GTF or the rental was off, funnily enough it was down the following day

So apparently its;

Tomorrow: Neilson, Stubbs & McIntyre

Wednesday: Guti, Caldwell & Kearney

Realistically, my number one choice would be Neilson. McIntyre & Caldwell can GTF. 

Can't really see us stump up compensation for Kearney unless he shows up incredibly well. Stubbs wouldn't be the most inspiring appointment but probably still a better option than McIntyre or Caldwell. Guti. 

I'd fucking love us to take a punt on Guti with an experienced assistant. 

Edited by RossC93

6 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

So apparently its;

Tomorrow: Neilson, Stubbs & McIntyre

Wednesday: Guti, Caldwell & Kearney

Realistically, my number one choice would be Neilson. McIntyre & Caldwell can GTF. 

Can't really see us stump up compensation for Kearney unless he shows up incredibly well. Stubbs wouldn't be the most inspiring appointment but probably still a better option than McIntyre or Caldwell. Guti. 

I'd fucking love us to take a punt on Guti with an experienced assistant. 

Guti is very highly rated and is currently 4/1 2nd fav for the Real Madrid gig. Yet, you'd only take a punt if he comes with an experienced assistant .......

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Guti is very highly rated and is currently 4/1 2nd fav for the Real Madrid gig. Yet, you'd only take a punt if he comes with an experienced assistant .......

Mainly because he'd be fucking clueless with signings other than Real Madrid kids. 

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Neilson has removed himself from the running.

Strange one, that. Not right for him at this time, apparently.

We're in for a battle next season, of that there's no doubt, so I have to infer from this that he doesn't fancy it the challenge. Perhaps he's worried he'll be found out. His reputation isn't sky high, so a shite season with us could end him.

Edited by Coventry Saint

The disappointing thing about Neilson dropping out is not that we might miss out on a (possibly) good manager, it's that the remaining candidates hardly fill me with much enthusiasm.

I'd much rather he dignied it now though, rather than walking away mid season.

Edited by Buddist Monk

8 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Mainly because he'd be fucking clueless with signings other than Real Madrid kids. 

Bit of a strange opinion that, tbh. He likely has friends all around Europe, and would it be wild to suggest he's had a word with some Madrid scouts? 

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

There is a big difference between selling rival fans a match ticket & having a rival club selling merchandise from a shop within your ground......

There really isn't. The core of both is to leech from Celtic and their supporters.

Just now, Dee Man said:

Nothing more than whores IMO. 

Of course the other option would be to do what you did. Personally, while it does leave an unpleasant taste, it doesn't taste as bad as administration would. That's just a guess, as my club hasn't suffered such a fate. I'd leave that qualification to fans of clubs who have.

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Nothing more than whores IMO. 

Sensible business decision that helped to keep the wolf from the door during a tough couple of years for our club. We've never been into administration so wouldn't know what it's like, but I bet it's horrible.

Is it horrible? 

Edit: fucking uncannily similar response to @Buddist Monk there :lol:

Edited by Coventry Saint

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Of course the other option would be to do what you did. Personally, while it does leave an unpleasant taste, it doesn't taste as bad as administration would. That's just a guess, as my club hasn't suffered such a fate. I'd leave that qualification to fans of clubs who have.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Sensible business decision that helped to keep the wolf from the door during a tough couple of years for our club. We've never been into administration so wouldn't know what it's like, but I bet it's horrible.

Is it horrible? 

Edit: fucking uncannily similar response to @Buddist Monk there :lol:

Couple of strange responses there. Were St Mirren in danger of going into administration if they didn't open a Celtic shop in their stadium?