The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Stu said:
22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Atalanta-Home-Football-Shirt-1920.jpg.a5c1b1cd8ab0b1014fff156e0e6a10db.jpg
Swap blue for white.

Only issue with that is the badge being in the centre. Apart from that it would be fine, quite similar to the 97/98 one in terms of collar and number of stripes.

Badge isn't in the centre, you're fine. 

3 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Please tell me the collar's different!

According to the club's statement yesterday, there are supposed to be clues appearing on social media, but I haven't seen anything.

Erm, it's different but not a million miles off from what I've seen. 

Think what I saw was the digital impression of it though and not an actual kit so it might have had 1 or 2 wee tweaks. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Erm, it's different but not a million miles off from what I've seen. 

Think what I saw was the digital impression of it though and not an actual kit so it might have had 1 or 2 wee tweaks. 

Ach, I'll probably buy one or both this season regardless. I hope we sell them with long sleeves, too.

25 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

I like the stripes, I like the gold finishes, can’t see enough of the collar to make a decision, but seriously...is that a printed badge? I hope not because that is naff as hell.

6 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

I like the stripes, I like the gold finishes, can’t see enough of the collar to make a decision, but seriously...is that a printed badge? I hope not because that is naff as hell.

The whole thing doesn’t look like a real kit. Looks like artwork files were used to make the video. Everything looks flat and printed.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The whole thing doesn’t look like a real kit. Looks like artwork files were used to make the video. Everything looks flat and printed.

Hope so...I was in two minds whether that was maybe just a graphic they were using or a shirt. I suppose we’ll get the answer at 10 tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for a proper badge though...

2 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Hope so...I was in two minds whether that was maybe just a graphic they were using or a shirt. I suppose we’ll get the answer at 10 tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for a proper badge though...

Ach, we’ll see. We’ve had the bib strip, the leiderhosen strip, now it’s time for the behind closed doors strip.

Just mentioned this in another thread, but it seems only the home kit is being launched tomorrow?

629362247_TwitterAd20-21.jpg.a7d3b8b74eaeb136bc1167c15b540d75.jpg

1) The two, black and white, dots at the top of the post, where previously there had been three (see image below), imply there is no red in the home strip.

2) That and the fact the text at the bottom clearly states 'St Mirren's 2020/21 home kit coming soon...' seems to indicate the away strip will not be released tomorrow.

3) I don't think the detail is stuck on, like I have seen on some poorly made kits, rather I think the fabric has been dyed, in the same way the black and white stripes have been. That's based upon the image above, though.

2091689186_TwitterAd20-21b.jpg.9a746174dd33737a2633afc5abf3b3a1.jpg

4) The above image includes THREE dots - black, white and red - but kit is singular. Surely if both the home and away kitS were being released, they would have pluralised the noun, 'kit'.

10 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Just mentioned this in another thread, but it seems only the home kit is being launched tomorrow?

1) The two, black and white, dots at the top of the post, where previously there had been three (see image below), imply there is no red in the home strip.

2) That and the fact the text at the bottom clearly states 'St Mirren's 2020/21 home kit coming soon...' seems to indicate the away strip will not be released tomorrow.

3) I don't think the detail is stuck on, like I have seen on some poorly made kits, rather I think the fabric has been dyed, in the same way the black and white stripes have been. That's based upon the image above, though.

4) The above image includes THREE dots - black, white and red - but kit is singular. Surely if both the home and away kitS were being released, they would have pluralised the noun, 'kit'.

There's no red in the home shirt. 

You need to get out more. It's allowed now.

4 minutes ago, ulysses said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5692454/gordon-rejects-reduced-contract-celtic/

Craig Gordon confirming that we’ve made an offer. Speaks very highly of Goody.

Am I allowed to say he'd be a risky signing, especially if hes getting a high wage?

He turns 38 in December and hasn't played a league game for 18 months.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Am I allowed to say he'd be a risky signing, especially if hes getting a high wage?

No.

38 and hasn't played a game for 18 months would still see him comfortably in the top 50% of keepers in this league.

When there is shite like Fon Williams, Clark, Laidlaw & Zlamal/That loan keeper from Man U stinking out the league last season, even if Gordon is utterly finished, has to still be better than that.

Spoke about it a few times in the Championship (And because we have to suffer shite like Jack Hamilton) there is a real dearth of top notch keepers in Scottish football at the moment bar Forster, McGregor, Marciano & Lewis (Possibly Carson if he's recovered).

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jealousy's a terrible, terrible thing. There's only one Saints...

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

No.

38 and hasn't played a game for 18 months would still see him comfortably in the top 50% of keepers in this league.

When there is shite like Fon Williams, Clark, Laidlaw & Zlamal/That loan keeper from Man U stinking out the league last season, even if Gordon is utterly finished, has to still be better than that.

Spoke about it a few times in the Championship (And because we have to suffer shite like Jack Hamilton) there is a real dearth of top notch keepers in Scottish football at the moment bar Forster, McGregor, Marciano & Lewis (Possibly Carson if he's recovered).

Keepers are a bit weird so he'll maybe be fine, but as someone whos watched multiple high performing, ageing, players completely diminish over the course of a Summer, that kind of inactivity would be giving me the fear.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Keepers are a bit weird so he'll maybe be fine, but as someone whos watched multiple high performing, ageing, players completely diminish over the course of a Summer, that kind of inactivity would be giving me the fear.

I'd bite your hand off for a completely finished Craig Gordon (Not withstanding that we have Jack Hamilton as that defeats the point). The quality of goalkeeper in the Championship is so low that I still long for a return of Speroni who is 41 and not played in 18 month. Hell, I'd even take a return of Rab Douglas and I'd wager he'd be at least an upper half Championship goalkeeper at 48. The best goalkeeper in the Championship last season was Dundee United's goalkeeping coach who has retired (Neil Alexander).

I'm rambling now, but the point is, keepers don't lose it the same way outfielders do even with time out the game. If there wasn't a bit of ageism in football I reckon we'd see keepers plying their trade well into their late 40's - changed a bit with the invention of 'sweeper keeper' mind you.