The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Atalanta-Home-Football-Shirt-1920.jpg.a5c1b1cd8ab0b1014fff156e0e6a10db.jpg

Swap blue for white.

I don't like the collar.

Again, is this a guess or are you claiming to be in the know?

ETA: Just noticed you're St. Johnstone. [sigh of relief]

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

5 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I don't like the collar.

Again, is this a guess or are you claiming to be in the know?

ETA: Just noticed you're St. Johnstone. [sigh of relief]

It's just a guess.

When we were with Joma I found that all our tops, even the "bespoke" ones, were just cast offs from a major European league the season before, with something a bit different added on to make it "unique".

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Swap blue for white.

I got chucked out of Atalanta's old ground.

Walked for about 45 minutes in the blazing sun to find it. No one was around, so I walked in to take a couple of photos and was duly huckled by an irate Italian gentleman who was immune to my requests to take a few photos. Did manage to get a couple though. He appeared from underneath the nearest white sign in the picture of the stand, shouting loudly in italian

image.thumb.png.aec9ed82781643c887a7748cd969bd50.png

Edited by FTOF

It's just a guess.
When we were with Joma I found that all our tops, even the "bespoke" ones, were just cast offs from a major European league the season before, with something a bit different added on to make it "unique".
Joma have been pretty meh. Couple of above average efforts but as you say they are cast offs.

The quality isn't that good either.

The new kit release always bring a wee buzz as it means the football is near.

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Walked for about 45 minutes in the blazing sun to find it. No one was around, so I walked in to take a couple of photos and was duly huckled by an irate Italian gentleman who was immune to my requests to take a few photos. Did manage to get a couple though. He appeared from underneath the nearest white sign in the picture of the stand, shouting loudly in italian

"Robert De Niro's waiting, shouting loudly in Italian..."

41 minutes ago, FTOF said:

image.thumb.png.aec9ed82781643c887a7748cd969bd50.png

That temporary seating at the front looks top drawer quality.

Only just noticed the club's posted a new update on the site:

'The countdown is on and our new kits for season 2020/21 will be launched for pre-sales on Friday 12th June. Keep an eye out on our social platforms for a few possible clues to the design as we build up to Friday.'

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

That temporary seating at the front looks top drawer quality.

Aye it wasn't in the best of states and that was in 2004. Their security wasn't up to much either.

Bergamo 048 r.JPG

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You really aren't a boot in the arse off it!

Please tell me the collar's different!

According to the club's statement yesterday, there are supposed to be clues appearing on social media, but I haven't seen anything.

Swap blue for white.
Only issue with that is the badge being in the centre. Apart from that it would be fine, quite similar to the 97/98 one in terms of collar and number of stripes.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:
21 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Swap blue for white.

Only issue with that is the badge being in the centre. Apart from that it would be fine, quite similar to the 97/98 one in terms of collar and number of stripes.

@Div @djchapsticks  Can you describe the collar, please? Is it round, or is it hideous (i.e. not round)? 

To balance it out, I actually prefer that collar. A round collar always looks rotten, no matter the garment, imo, and while this isn't an issue for me, the more portly amongst the support look like little barrels wearing a rounded collar.