The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I had a good run. Got to design four kits. JD Sports offered a completely bespoke kit design service. Obviously, winning the cup wearing that home shirt was amazing, but I was told by a few players that they really loved two of the away kits I designed - the all black one with the red diagonal stripe, and the fluorescent yellow with black shorts one. The players I spoke to said they loved that one in floodlit games as it really stood out in night games. I was lucky to get the chance, and relieved not to fcuk it up. 🙂

Retired at the top, that’s the spin I’d put on it 🙂

22 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I had a good run. Got to design four kits. JD Sports offered a completely bespoke kit design service. Obviously, winning the cup wearing that home shirt was amazing, but I was told by a few players that they really loved two of the away kits I designed - the all black one with the red diagonal stripe, and the fluorescent yellow with black shorts one. The players I spoke to said they loved that one in floodlit games as it really stood out in night games. I was lucky to get the chance, and relieved not to fcuk it up. 🙂

That should the basic design for the away kit every season.

1 hour ago, monthelie' said:

That should the basic design for the away kit every season.

I disagree. I think our change kit every season should be a variation of blue and red hoops, as in our original strip.

Although the designs for the 2012/13 home and change strips were outstanding, the third strip was a missed opportunity as the shades of red and blue were far too bright. Darker red, darker blue and thicker hoops would fit the bill.

I've never been too fussed about strips as long as they're basically black&white, I'd be quite happy with the T-shirt below which sums up our character...

il_170x135.527843346_newc.jpg

...I realize my yin-yang favourite is not universally loved.

Edited by btb

Black and white for the home kit, red, all black or all white for the away kit depending how black or white the home kit is.

Don't mind a different colour of away kit being thrown in every few years to mix it up a bit. When I first heard last seasons away kit was purple I though, brilliant. Then its released and it's more pink thank purple.

Main thing is don't let the sponsor ruin the top and preferably no blank back on the stripes.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

I saw that the other day, and agree with his first choice. as I like the traditional style and the plain collar. Even the little bit of red is nice. The second highest ranking one is awful, though. 

Good stuff. Versatile and experienced player who’s proven at this level.

Can’t really ask for anymore. Can’t imagine there will be any new arrivals till pre season starts.

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/3697-ryan-flynn-signs-saints-contract-extension

That's Flynn re-signed.

One year with a further year option.:)

As most have said, good news. Maybe I had misread some earlier comments but I thought he was fully fit again, yet in his comments he says.. "I’m glad it’s sorted and I can just get on with rehab now." Anyone know if he is aiming to be fit for the start of the season (presuming it's a late August start)?