The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

12 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Just noticed Elgin's new kits on the dedicated thread. Interestingly they're produced by Joma and their away kit is also red and black, as ours is reputed to be:

591961974_ElginsnewkitJoma.jpg.977f7c51fc643a0c22baaa37ff0fc6cd.jpg1866501398_ElginsnewkitJoma2.jpg.431de0e0e57e90b2bd58f86ee50dcfe7.jpg

I have a strong feeling ours will be very similar to these or Dunfermline's.

The away kit is similar in principle (black bending into red from top and vice versa) but executed differently. 

Home shirt has more stripes. 

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The away kit is similar in principle (black bending into red from top and vice versa) but executed differently. 

Yasss! I suspected somebody might know Are there stripes on the back? Any more significant details?

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Any idea of a release date by any chance DJC? I’ve heard a few rumours about the kit and they all seem to be along the same lines which makes me think some have had a sneaky peek. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

Any idea of a release date by any chance DJC? I’ve heard a few rumours about the kit and they all seem to be along the same lines which makes me think some have had a sneaky peek. 

Do share, please!

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8

Is there an official number of stripes we should have? For me, the number shown is round about the ones I'd like to see. Not a big fan of lots of thin stripes.

I dunno if there is an 'official' number of stripes we should be having but it's as close as dammit to 2012-13 when we won the league cup. We had 5 black and 4 white that season and it was perfection.

No idea on a release date but should be this month. Joma kits are manufactured in China though and this might be contributing to the delay. 

I dunno about back of the home shirt. 

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I dunno if there is an 'official' number of stripes we should be having but it's as close as dammit to 2012-13 when we won the league cup. We had 5 black and 4 white that season and it was perfection.

No idea on a release date but should be this month. Joma kits are manufactured in China though and this might be contributing to the delay. 

I dunno about back of the home shirt. 

Interesting / boring / WGAF? fact about the 2013 kit. I own an original team-worn shirt from the Anglo Scottish Cup winning era. (see photo). That’s my all-time favourite St Mirren shirt. I measured the thickness of the stripes on that shirt, and that measurement determined the thickness of the 2013 shirt. So, there’s actually a direct link between that cup winning shirt, and the 2013 cup winning shirt. I think the moral of the story is that for St Mirren to win cups, the odds are increased if the stripes are 25.4567mm wide. 😀

There’s today’s dull as dishwater fact for you. The 2013 stripes are the way they are because I measured the stripes on a 1980 shirt.

DA079CBB-CA4F-4C77-8746-D83E2B9DD909.jpeg

86F741BF-EDBF-4FC9-B93B-4792E6FD23C6.jpeg

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Interesting / boring / WGAF? fact about the 2013 kit. I own an original team-worn shirt from the Anglo Scottish Cup winning era. (see photo). That’s my all-time favourite St Mirren shirt. I measured the thickness of the stripes on that shirt, and that measurement determined the thickness of the 2013 shirt. So, there’s actually a direct link between that cup winning shirt, and the 2013 cup winning shirt. I think the moral of the story is that for St Mirren to win cups, the odds are increased if the stripes are 25.4567mm wide. 😀

There’s today’s dull as dishwater fact for you. The 2013 stripes are the way they are because I measured the stripes on a 1980 shirt.

DA079CBB-CA4F-4C77-8746-D83E2B9DD909.jpeg

86F741BF-EDBF-4FC9-B93B-4792E6FD23C6.jpeg

Not boring at all. 

Think most folk recognise the fact that you designed the very best kit of modern times (completely objectively. It would still be a fact without the obvious emotional attachment of the cup win) and can't understand why you weren't involved in the process as an ongoing thing. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Never knew that, and that is utterly fucking brilliant. 👏

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Not boring at all. 

Think most folk recognise the fact that you designed the very best kit of modern times (completely objectively. It would still be a fact without the obvious emotional attachment of the cup win) and can't understand why you weren't involved in the process as an ongoing thing. 

I had a good run. Got to design four kits. JD Sports offered a completely bespoke kit design service. Obviously, winning the cup wearing that home shirt was amazing, but I was told by a few players that they really loved two of the away kits I designed - the all black one with the red diagonal stripe, and the fluorescent yellow with black shorts one. The players I spoke to said they loved that one in floodlit games as it really stood out in night games. I was lucky to get the chance, and relieved not to fcuk it up. 🙂

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Apart from that yellow monstrosity of the TC season and the recent red and white chessboard effort, our away strips are generally quite decent.

http://www.stmirren.info/changestrip.html

We still manage far too often to somehow mess up B & W stripes for the first choice strip though.

Yellow's my favourite colour, but I think red should always be our change strip, and our third colour. Keep it traditional. 

10 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Yellow's my favourite colour, but I think red should always be our change strip, and our third colour. Keep it traditional. 

I agree. Most of our red efforts have been good. Really like the top in the picture below.

People/JeroenTesselaar.jpg  

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I recognise that this wouldn't be the choice of most St Mirren fans but I personally prefer the black shorts of the Anglo-Scottish cup victory to the traditional white shorts. 

I agree. Prefer black shorts ( & socks)