Jump to content
djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2020/21 (If it happens!) Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Any chance you could post some of the details, it's behind a paywall.

That's bizarre, it's blocking me as well now. It was fine when I looked earlier. The Irish independent isn't something I subscribe to!

It wasn't much, just said half way through the article he'd spoken to the out of contract players that weren't being kept on Monday. Aside from Jakubiak tweeting he was off (no surprise from a loan player) I'm surprised nothing has come out - officially or otherwise - since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stu said:

That's bizarre, it's blocking me as well now. It was fine when I looked earlier. The Irish independent isn't something I subscribe to!

It wasn't much, just said half way through the article he'd spoken to the out of contract players that weren't being kept on Monday. Aside from Jakubiak tweeting he was off (no surprise from a loan player) I'm surprised nothing has come out - officially or otherwise - since then.

Thought it might be one of those "journo perks".

Do you think the Irish indy spoke to him direct or just took the piece from his comments on Sportsound? Which, if you missed it, is the first 20 minutes of this.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08dftwv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ric said:

Thought it might be one of those "journo perks".

Do you think the Irish indy spoke to him direct or just took the piece from his comments on Sportsound? Which, if you missed it, is the first 20 minutes of this.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08dftwv

They spoke to him direct. There's been a few online stories from the Irish papers with the likes of him and McCarthy since the turn of the year.

Plus he said he spoke to the players on Monday (presumably because the season was officially over then) and Sportsound was on Sunday 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'We have bigger ambitions as a club' - Jim Goodwin shows Premier class by keeping St Mirren in top flight

Ambitious Waterford native is loving life in Scotland after avoiding return to the ‘rat race’

‘I have ambitions as a manager being Irish shouldn’t hold me back from that,’ says Jim Goodwin who has kept St Mirren up in the Scottish Premiership after Monday’s decision to bring an end to the season. Photo: Getty2 ‘I have ambitions as a manager being Irish shouldn’t hold me back from that,’ says Jim Goodwin who has kept St Mirren up in the Scottish Premiership after Monday’s decision to bring an end to the season. Photo: Getty

He went toe to toe with Scotland's best and came away with his head held high, the mission of keeping his club in the top flight accomplished.

But while Jim Goodwin, the Irish manager of St Mirren, welcomes the certainty brought by the decision to end the Scottish top flight season while the English equivalent attempts to resume, he knows that the financial black hole created by the Covid-19 pandemic will pose huge challenges.

Monday's decision to end the Scottish season led to celebrations in the green half of Glasgow, as Celtic were crowned champions, and tears in the maroon side of Edinburgh due to relegation for Hearts. St Mirren also had cause to smile as closing the curtains on the season ensured that their top-flight status was safe, a major achievement for Waterford native Goodwin in his first season at the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

According to the Star Goodman is ready to offer Gogic a contract.

Is this a good thing for us or for Accies? 

Did I read somewhere on hear he was Hamilton's POTY? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Is this a good thing for us or for Accies? 

Did I read somewhere on hear he was Hamilton's POTY? 

Graeme McPherson on twitter says he watched Accies  on a good few occasions last season and that he would be an excellent acquisition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

According to the Star Goodman is ready to offer Gogic a contract.

 

CD90309E-B15D-4040-B15B-7398512C2BD1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised to hear us looking at any players. Have read countless times over the past few weeks we’re teetering on the brink administration. Presumably Gogic will be playing for free if he signs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the little I've seen of Gogic, he's always been fairly solid. When you consider what we have in the squad just now and what is likely to be available (due to the 'rona and people unlikely to relocate) I feel he'd bring experience without too high a price tag.

 

Edited by Ric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TLDR - please see emboldened text.

I'm considering getting a season ticket for my girlfriend's son, who is a Rangers fan. He often comes to games anyway, and besides the fact I'm putting more money in the club's coffers, there'always the chance that I might convert him.

Having spoken to him, he says he's okay with the idea but that he might miss some games. As he's under 18 it's a concession ticket, so what I want to know is can I pay to have it upgraded and have an adult friend of mine use his (U18 concession) seat when he's not using it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

TLDR - please see emboldened text.

I'm considering getting a season ticket for my girlfriend's son, who is a Rangers fan. He often comes to games anyway, and besides the fact I'm putting more money in the club's coffers, there'always the chance that I might convert him.

Having spoken to him, he says he's okay with the idea but that he might miss some games. As he's under 18 it's a concession ticket, so what I want to know is can I pay to have it upgraded and have an adult friend of mine use his (U18 concession) seat when he's not using it

Or you just don't bother mentioning it to anyone and let your mate use it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Or you just don't bother mentioning it to anyone and let your mate use it ?

Besides feeling bad for doing the club out of money, it'd be very embarrassing if he was somehow discovered. I'd rather just pay the difference. Hopefully the club will allow me to do that. 

 

ETA - Just bought it anyway. 

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TLDR - please see emboldened text.
I'm considering getting a season ticket for my girlfriend's son, who is a Rangers fan. He often comes to games anyway, and besides the fact I'm putting more money in the club's coffers, there'always the chance that I might convert him.
Having spoken to him, he says he's okay with the idea but that he might miss some games. As he's under 18 it's a concession ticket, so what I want to know is can I pay to have it upgraded and have an adult friend of mine use his (U18 concession) seat when he's not using it
Unless there has been a very recent change then season tickets are non transferrable. The only person entitled to use a ticket is the name on the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthBank said:
10 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:
TLDR - please see emboldened text.
I'm considering getting a season ticket for my girlfriend's son, who is a Rangers fan. He often comes to games anyway, and besides the fact I'm putting more money in the club's coffers, there'always the chance that I might convert him.
Having spoken to him, he says he's okay with the idea but that he might miss some games. As he's under 18 it's a concession ticket, so what I want to know is can I pay to have it upgraded and have an adult friend of mine use his (U18 concession) seat when he's not using it

Unless there has been a very recent change then season tickets are non transferrable. The only person entitled to use a ticket is the name on the card.

yeah we know that but there’s nothing wrong with giving mate a ticket if you can’t make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

yeah we know that but there’s nothing wrong with giving mate a ticket if you can’t make it.

The guy asked if he could pay extra to 'upgrade' a concession ticket now and then. The answer is no. Of course he could just chance it, but that is not what he asked as he didn't want to deprive SMFC of income. Try reading before commenting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TLDR - please see emboldened text.
I'm considering getting a season ticket for my girlfriend's son, who is a Rangers fan. He often comes to games anyway, and besides the fact I'm putting more money in the club's coffers, there'always the chance that I might convert him.
Having spoken to him, he says he's okay with the idea but that he might miss some games. As he's under 18 it's a concession ticket, so what I want to know is can I pay to have it upgraded and have an adult friend of mine use his (U18 concession) seat when he's not using it
I'm sure I read a while back that there was an issue with adults using kids ST's. Apparently when you scan your ticket a light flashes a certain colour for the class of ST so they had stewards watching to check for the scamsters. Or am I just imagining all this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I'm sure I read a while back that there was an issue with adults using kids ST's. Apparently when you scan your ticket a light flashes a certain colour for the class of ST so they had stewards watching to check for the scamsters. Or am I just imagining all this?emoji848.png

That would be the normal way these things are meant to work, though you probably need a suitably motivated and punctilious steward to actually get caught.

If St Mirren's system is anything like Hibs, though, the way the upgrading works is that you go to the ticket office, pay the extra to upgrade the seat, the ST gets cancelled for one match, and you're issued a paper ticket for the seat. That might still be open to abuse in some respects (at Hibs, people would pay for a super-cheap child's ST, and not use it, except to upgrade to adult for high-demand matches), but St Mirren might not have that problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...