The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

That’s true. Now you can go to extreme lengths to point out those who have defended it.

Beyond the two people who have used homophobic remarks as an insult, and the further two posters who are now rounding on the victim and trying to cow him into backing away from it?

Just now, Fudbucket said:

Just apologise for being homophobic, for crying out loud. 

Fair play. Sorry to everyone. 

I can't be homophobic - Erasure are one of my favourite bands. 

Though I don't like Frankie goes to Hollywood so 1-1 I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

With all due respect mate, you're talking bollocks.

Ali has actively called me a 'homophobic p***k' who should 'sober up and regret his posts' because I've slagged him off over his self-confessed irrational hatred of all things St. Mirren. 

Ali owes me an apology, if anything. He's summarily found me guilty by association.

Association of something I 100% did not associate myself with, I hasten to add. 

You DID, however, say that ali was having a go "for some unknown reason" despite having very good fucking reason to have a go in this case.

If you're not wanting to associate with it, I suggest you simply don't comment at all. As it is, you DID comment, unfairly, as have others, and if you don't want to be called on that, then simply don't fucking do it. It's not hard.

For what it's worth I do think you getting called homophobic is an overreaction to your own posts in this thread. That doesn't mean your posts didn't deserve to get called out though.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair play. Sorry to everyone. 

I can't be homophobic - Erasure are one of my favourite bands. 

Though I don't like Frankie goes to Hollywood so 1-1 I suppose. 

"FRANKIE SAYS STOP BEING A COCK"

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Agree with your posts one hundred percent, but he’s made up the fact I called him homophobic. I called the two homophobic p***ks homophobic. I’ve told him he’ll regret defending them. Equating slagging St Mirren with being a homophone is ridiculous. 

So you don't condone the homophone then?

4 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

You DID, however, say that ali was having a go "for some unknown reason" despite having very good fucking reason to have a go in this case.

To be fair, my entire argument was the comment of 'I hate your club, your stadium and most importantly, your ground' from a few days ago. Something that I quoted him on at the time and illicited no reply. 

This was the unknown reason that I'm querying. Nothing to do with what was said to him today. 

Don't know what's been in the water today with 2 St Mirren posters being homophobic c***s. There's also a Dee saying Kusunga defends 'like a big poof' on the Dundee forum. Embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't know what's been in the water today with 2 St Mirren posters being homophobic c***s. There's also a Dee saying Kusunga defends 'like a big poof' on the Dundee forum. Embarrassing.

There was also an incredibly vile racist comment in the FA Cup thread, but its maybe been deleted by now.

There was also an incredibly vile racist comment in the FA Cup thread, but its maybe been deleted by now.

I think there’s something in this blue moon these days; there have been strange outbreaks of prejudice and general short-temperness on P&B today.

• 2 weeks later...
His win percentage could be higher than Alex Ferguson and I still wouldn't care. Absolute impostor with woeful signings. 

Yet there were only 2 outfield Kearney signings in the plays offs and one of them was McAllister.

Some of Kearney’s signings were clearly woeful too.

I'm looking forward to hearing from [mention=10660]Poet of the Macabre[/mention] who has got a real rod up his arse over Oran Kearney for reasons that I can't quite figure out, and has taken many opportunities this season to remind us of this fact.
Round ye.
Oh dear...

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm looking forward to hearing from @Poet of the Macabre who has got a real rod up his arse over Oran Kearney for reasons that I can't quite figure out, and has taken many opportunities this season to remind us of this fact.

Round ye.

Dunfermline fan  right?  The only hypothesis that  I can offer is that he is seething that our N.I. manager has turned out to be decent unlike Stephen Kenny who wasn't.