The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Yes I know but we are still fucked I am dreading this season.

Nobody is impressing,our marquee signings so far are McShane and Reilly,who have 3 goals between them in the last two seasons .The chairman is aiming
for mid table obscurity this season so he can rightly claim progress without spending any of the money we have taken in transfers and increased season ticket
sales.All we need now are a couple of loan signings on the eve of the first league game and St Mirren fans can spend the first two months of the season
using our favourite phrases like "These boys will need time to gel" and "Once these boys bed in we'll be flying" 

Dimitris Froxylias apparently.Started his senior career in 2010,had a few different clubs.A grand total of THREE goals in his career !!! Get him signed

As I was saying we are fucked.

^^^ knicker wetter

1 hour ago, Stevie88 said:

Tbh, if anyone was to leave it would be 3 summer signings before anyone else. Stewart, Buchanan & Stewart don't look up to the challenge so far. Kirkpatrick not exactly done much either but looks the best of a bad bunch at this moment in time.

Ross Stewart the goalkeeper has been more impressive than Samson has. 

Ross Stewart the forward has been deployed on the right wing. 

Buchanan has started poorly but no more so than Gary MacKenzie. 

To be fair, Elvis saying that we are fucked should not be in anyway a reflection of us as a support. He's a well known panic merchant who loves to predict us losing because he enjoys thinking he's some wise old sage who has 'seen it all before' as if none of the rest of us have ever had our hopes up and had them dashed. 

Us winning the cup in 2013 was probably the worst day of his life because he had to be fucking happy. 

1 hour ago, Stevie88 said:

Tbh, if anyone was to leave it would be 3 summer signings before anyone else. Stewart, Buchanan & Stewart don't look up to the challenge so far. Kirkpatrick not exactly done much either but looks the best of a bad bunch at this moment in time.

Hilson looks the best of the bunch

Ross Stewart the goalkeeper has been more impressive than Samson has. 

Ross Stewart the forward has been deployed on the right wing. 

Buchanan has started poorly but no more so than Gary MacKenzie. 

To be fair, Elvis saying that we are fucked should not be in anyway a reflection of us as a support. He's a well known panic merchant who loves to predict us losing because he enjoys thinking he's some wise old sage who has 'seen it all before' as if none of the rest of us have ever had our hopes up and had them dashed. 

Us winning the cup in 2013 was probably the worst day of his life because he had to be fucking happy. 

I agree, Ross Stewart the goalkeeper has been more impressive than Samson.

Ross Stewart (outfield) is a young lad who needs time to develop, imo not ready to be in the first team.

Buchanan hasn't played well so far but again early days.

Reilly, bit of a 'meh' signing. Needs support but hasn't done much to inspire so far.

My post wasn't influenced by Elvis or anyone by that matter. It's purely an observation on the standard of players that we've signed this summer in the limit game time that they've all had. So far, none have pass marks from all that I've mentioned above. Hopefully they can make he step up but I have my doubts for most of them.

4 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

I agree, Ross Stewart the goalkeeper has been more impressive than Samson.

Ross Stewart (outfield) is a young lad who needs time to develop, imo not ready to be in the first team.

Buchanan hasn't played well so far but again early days.

Reilly, bit of a 'meh' signing. Needs support but hasn't done much to inspire so far.

My post wasn't influenced by Elvis or anyone by that matter. It's purely an observation on the standard of players that we've signed this summer in the limit game time that they've all had. So far, none have pass marks from all that I've mentioned above. Hopefully they can make he step up but I have my doubts for most of them.

Wasn't suggesting it was influenced by him. Was more an observation on the other folk talking about how our supporters are pishing their breeks. 

Wasn't suggesting it was influenced by him. Was more an observation on the other folk talking about how our supporters are pishing their breeks. 

Fair doos.

I think after the last 4 seasons you could forgive our fans for not feeling optimistic after the start we've had.

Hopefully this season will be a hell of a lot more enjoyable, if nothing else [emoji3]

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Wish the knicker pishers would f**k off back over to Blackandwhitearmy. 

Really is shocking ,  why some of them support Saints is baffling they sound more like the evil sister supporters. More signings are inbound according to an e-mail from the 1877 club. 

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Really is shocking ,  why some of them support Saints is baffling they sound more like the evil sister supporters. More signings are inbound according to an e-mail from the 1877 club. 

I don't doubt it at all, hopefully of sufficient quality too. The e-mail mentioned that one cant be announced until August 1st which ties in exactly with what several of us have heard about Harry Davis.

There is still a contingent of folk who now seem to think that we have a Greek lad on trial who was on trail with Dunfermline a few weeks ago (they are now clinging to this was who Stelios was with, despite it all being completely debunked) and folk are already moaning at the fact that a lad who probably isn't even anywhere near the club is 24 and has scored only 4 goals in his career and that's shite for a striker.

Despite the guy being a left mid. A position we're quite unlikely to be looking at as priority. :lol: 

BAWA is becoming as bad as the Supporters page which was pied and left about 9 months ago when it became apparent that several of those who frequented it were severely lacking.

1 minute ago, kanyewestbank said:

Wind your neck in you condescending ,odious cretin.People are entitled to be critical of our quite frankly pathetic transfer business so far.The fact you label them

as old firm supporters says a lot more about you than them.Now run along 

Are you and 'Elvis' related?

Serious question.

19 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

No,i am generally more positive,but questioning the quality of our signings so far does not mean you hate the club,far from it

I was thinking that you were that serial attention seeker Lord pity me from black & white army...:lol:

Wind your neck in you condescending ,odious cretin.People are entitled to be critical of our quite frankly pathetic transfer business so far.The fact you label them
as old firm supporters says a lot more about you than them.Now run along 

Oaft fighting amongst their own supporters. Is this cause you didn't get Rory Loy?

5 hours ago, kanyewestbank said:

I wanted to sign an attacking midfielder to replace Mallan and a proven striker to replace Loy,and that quite clearly hasnt happened as yet.The rest are makeweights

with the exception of McShane,but he has five goals in over a hundred appearances.We have no goals in our team

I'm glad you have hung drawn and quartered every signing before a league game has been played. 

Will all of them be a success? Of course not but some will be and it's an utterly ridiculous stance to carve up every single signing as a dud at this stage.