The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

41 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Jealousy's a terrible, terrible thing. There's only one Saints...

You can tell by the way he's spinning it. Gordon is 38 in December, literally the very last day of the month. He could have played nigh on half the season by then.

I don't think he'll end up at us though. I think this is just being used to force Celtic's hand in case they don't get Forster and are left with Bain who Lennon clearly doesn't rate.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

You can tell by the way he's spinning it. Gordon is 38 in December, literally the very last day of the month. He could have played nigh on half the season by then.

I don't think he'll end up at us though. I think this is just being used to force Celtic's hand in case they don't get Forster and are left with Bain who Lennon clearly doesn't rate.

🤣🤣🤣  

We couldn't afford his wages. From memory I think Celtic's players average around £850,000 per year; ours average £46,000. 

There's no doubt he'd be a terrific signing, but realistically it's not going to happen. 

40 minutes ago, Stu said:
8 hours ago, ulysses said:
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5692454/gordon-rejects-reduced-contract-celtic/

Craig Gordon confirming that we’ve made an offer. Speaks very highly of Goody.

Enjoying the implication in that article that Celtic need to up their game or he'll sign for us.

Yeah, it’s basically an ultimatum to Celtic with a sprinkling of “Jim’s a gid egg” thrown in. Reading the article made me think it’s less likely to happen.

6 hours ago, Torfason said:

Feck sake Div, why can I only like a post once? This deserves far more likes!

Look, the club are about to unveil the new strip. Seeing as I don't drink, smoke, take drugs or eat red meat, and currently only see my girlfriend once per week, this is about as exciting as things get for me at the moment. If I'm a bit obsessive, then it's just because I feel like a kid at Christmas...so can you not let me enjoy it without you and your pal, @Stu , hinting that that makes me some sort of social inadequate, please? 😃

One hour until we trump Morton’s home kit and Motherwell’s away kit with a St Mirren strip Div says is ‘a beauty’.

Anything less than beautiful and Div should do a Dominic Cummings and refuse to resign over the scandal. Tick tock.... 😀

24 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anything less than beautiful and Div should do a Dominic Cummings and refuse to resign over the scandal. Tick tock.... 😀

He's off to a good start with the hairstyle! ;)

Spoiler

It should be noted I am not the most gifted in the old follicle department, so I'm throwing stones in a glass house here!

Can I be the first to use

4 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

AB9CC058-61D0-48AE-9698-8F250F154FE0.jpeg

If the top bit of that collar is actually white and not grey, as it looks in this image, then that collar will grow on me. Looks a very decent kit.... Nice amount of stripes, and the Skyview logo in a black box works well....If the collar is grey, and there’s no stripes on the back, then why? I’m parking my overall opinion until those two questions are answered. Very decent though.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Can I be the first to use

If the top bit of that collar is actually white and not grey, as it looks in this image, then that collar will grow on me. If the collar is grey, and there’s no stripes on the back, then why? I’m parking my opinion until those two questions are answered.

This is the exact image I saw a few weeks ago. My main questions were.

Is the collar grey?

Does the collar fold down or is it a continuous round neck into V shape?

Either way, I'm well impressed by it.