The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Is this a good thing for us or for Accies? 

Did I read somewhere on hear he was Hamilton's POTY? 

Graeme McPherson on twitter says he watched Accies  on a good few occasions last season and that he would be an excellent acquisition.

From the little I've seen of Gogic, he's always been fairly solid. When you consider what we have in the squad just now and what is likely to be available (due to the 'rona and people unlikely to relocate) I feel he'd bring experience without too high a price tag.

Edited by Ric

TLDR - please see emboldened text.

I'm considering getting a season ticket for my girlfriend's son, who is a Rangers fan. He often comes to games anyway, and besides the fact I'm putting more money in the club's coffers, there'always the chance that I might convert him.

Having spoken to him, he says he's okay with the idea but that he might miss some games. As he's under 18 it's a concession ticket, so what I want to know is can I pay to have it upgraded and have an adult friend of mine use his (U18 concession) seat when he's not using it

10 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I'm considering getting a season ticket for my girlfriend's son, who is a Rangers fan. He often comes to games anyway, and besides the fact I'm putting more money in the club's coffers, there'always the chance that I might convert him.

Having spoken to him, he says he's okay with the idea but that he might miss some games. As he's under 18 it's a concession ticket, so what I want to know is can I pay to have it upgraded and have an adult friend of mine use his (U18 concession) seat when he's not using it

Or you just don't bother mentioning it to anyone and let your mate use it ?

59 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Or you just don't bother mentioning it to anyone and let your mate use it ?

Besides feeling bad for doing the club out of money, it'd be very embarrassing if he was somehow discovered. I'd rather just pay the difference. Hopefully the club will allow me to do that. 

ETA - Just bought it anyway. 

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

Unless there has been a very recent change then season tickets are non transferrable. The only person entitled to use a ticket is the name on the card.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:
10 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Unless there has been a very recent change then season tickets are non transferrable. The only person entitled to use a ticket is the name on the card.

yeah we know that but there’s nothing wrong with giving mate a ticket if you can’t make it.

18 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

yeah we know that but there’s nothing wrong with giving mate a ticket if you can’t make it.

The guy asked if he could pay extra to 'upgrade' a concession ticket now and then. The answer is no. Of course he could just chance it, but that is not what he asked as he didn't want to deprive SMFC of income. Try reading before commenting.

I'm sure I read a while back that there was an issue with adults using kids ST's. Apparently when you scan your ticket a light flashes a certain colour for the class of ST so they had stewards watching to check for the scamsters. Or am I just imagining all this?[emoji848]

17 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I'm sure I read a while back that there was an issue with adults using kids ST's. Apparently when you scan your ticket a light flashes a certain colour for the class of ST so they had stewards watching to check for the scamsters. Or am I just imagining all this?emoji848.png

That would be the normal way these things are meant to work, though you probably need a suitably motivated and punctilious steward to actually get caught.

If St Mirren's system is anything like Hibs, though, the way the upgrading works is that you go to the ticket office, pay the extra to upgrade the seat, the ST gets cancelled for one match, and you're issued a paper ticket for the seat. That might still be open to abuse in some respects (at Hibs, people would pay for a super-cheap child's ST, and not use it, except to upgrade to adult for high-demand matches), but St Mirren might not have that problem.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I'm sure I read a while back that there was an issue with adults using kids ST's. Apparently when you scan your ticket a light flashes a certain colour for the class of ST so they had stewards watching to check for the scamsters. Or am I just imagining all this?emoji848.png

I can imagine folk do try to scam the club, however that's not my intention. The wee man is a Rangers man first and foremost, but likes St. Mirren. I think he could be converted and thought it'd be good to give the club some extra cash, but he has already told me he will not be coming to every game. Hopefully the club will see sense, and allow me to pay extra to upgrade the ticket when he's not going.

21 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

That would be the normal way these things are meant to work, though you probably need a suitably motivated and punctilious steward to actually get caught.

If St Mirren's system is anything like Hibs, though, the way the upgrading works is that you go to the ticket office, pay the extra to upgrade the seat, the ST gets cancelled for one match, and you're issued a paper ticket for the seat. That might still be open to abuse in some respects (at Hibs, people would pay for a super-cheap child's ST, and not use it, except to upgrade to adult for high-demand matches), but St Mirren might not have that problem.

Thanks, mate! No, very few games are sold out. In fact I don't think there was a single sell out this season. I hope St. Mirren are willing to do this, but I will not hold my breath.

16 hours ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Besides feeling bad for doing the club out of money, it'd be very embarrassing if he was somehow discovered. I'd rather just pay the difference. Hopefully the club will allow me to do that. 

ETA - Just bought it anyway. 

Realistically how much money will you be 'doing the club out of' ? Just put it back into the club via other means..

There is absolutely no danger of you/he being caught using an under age ticket by any of the stewards at St.Mirren Park.

26 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Realistically how much money will you be 'doing the club out of' ? Just put it back into the club via other means..

There is absolutely no danger of you/he being caught using an under age ticket by any of the stewards at St.Mirren Park.

Haha! Aye, I think I'd have to do that if they won't let me do it the honest way. Thanks, pal.

Are any Saints fans willing to write to the club and request that they make some concessions for longstanding season ticket holders who have fallen on hard times? I'm thinking they could reserve their seats until at least the start of the season, and keep make the Early Bird prices standard.