The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I was a founding member of SMiSA but bailed out when ring fenced money started to be used for other purposes.

Now that I have read the proposals for the Kibble involvement and that SMiSA will be the major shareholder but appointing their Directors and not just having fans volunteer their services I shall be rejoining. If the debate on B&Warmy was anything to go by  I had little confidence in the fans running the Club. And I expect Gordon Scott to continue as Chairman for some time to come. He may not be the majority shareholder but he could continue as Chairman.

And I am all for community involvement and with a partnership with the Kibble this should increase. Good move all round.

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I was a founding member of SMiSA but bailed out when ring fenced money started to be used for other purposes.

Actually, I had been toying with the idea of stopping my payments, mainly because money is bloody tight at the moment. If Kibble gets voted through I'll continue.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Actually, I had been toying with the idea of stopping my payments, mainly because money is bloody tight at the moment. If Kibble gets voted through I'll continue.

I've been paying since the start, but think I've only actually voted once in that time.

Sounds a good idea, although I suspect the usual voices of darkness will be spouting their shite on BAWA.

8 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Can Kibble sell their shareholding further down the line ?

Presumably yes but with SMISA having secured 51% by then it will not make much difference. I would think there may be clauses about SMISA having 1st dibs if they do but that is pure speculation on my part.

You can see the attraction for GLS he in effect gets his share money 5 years ahead of plan but to offset that SMISA get majority control far quicker albeit with a reduced shareholding than originally planned but that doesn't really matter that much as 51% is all that is actually required. As a SMISA member I will approve.

It is not remotely surprising that there are significant numbers of people posting and taking issue with this over on B&WA who evidently haven't read the freely available background information.

Other legitimate questions are being asked, and that is positive, but sifting through the dross to try and get a handle on the state of debate is a very frustrating experience.

10 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

To me it looks like only one person who is taking issue using innuendo and not facts to back up their wild claims. If they had genuine concerns they are not articulating them very well.

Haven’t been on but going to take a stab in the dark and say ‘ lord pity me’ by any chance ?

11 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

To me it looks like only one person who is taking issue using innuendo and not facts to back up their wild claims. If they had genuine concerns they are not articulating them very well.

Let me take a guess, is it one of two insufferable attention seeking bangers, Lord Pity me or Shull. I gave up looking at that site as it’s an excruciatingly painful read.

15 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Let me take a guess, is it one of two insufferable attention seeking bangers, Lord Pity me or Shull. I gave up looking at that site as it’s an excruciatingly painful read.

Fortunately, voting isn't done on a one-vote-per-alias basis.

Can Kibble sell their shareholding further down the line ?

That was my initial thought, I was more thinking if/when fan ownership ran its course and how that would impact any sale. However SMiSA being the majority shareholder would mean that they needn’t worry about the Kibble share.
I’d be more interested in finding out what the monthly contribution drops down to come end of next year. I’ll be voting for it & signing up to whatever site they implemented for voting. I gave up with the money pot votes not long after the takeover out of sheer laziness. I would say these member events that were promised have fair dried up & I haven’t had a hint of the hospitality/directors box draw.

Some of the stuff on bwa is staggering. Ignorant oats who clearly know nothing about Kibble or the third sector in general passing off utter nonsense as fact. There was stuff about Kibble replacing existing staff in catering, stadium maintenance etc as if they were some sort of employment agency, bewildering ignorance ! 

27 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Some of the stuff on bwa is staggering. Ignorant oats who clearly know nothing about Kibble or the third sector in general passing off utter nonsense as fact. There was stuff about Kibble replacing existing staff in catering, stadium maintenance etc as if they were some sort of employment agency, bewildering ignorance ! 

"This will complement existing provision offering skills and qualifications in areas such as: catering, hospitality and retail, along with apprenticeships in grounds keeping and maintenance"

This is a direct quote from Kibble website .