The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:
5 hours ago, paisleysaints said:
Does it really matter if he signs anyone or not he's already done enough damage to the team and with the fans. It's only a matter of time.

Can't really agree with that. If he signs a genuinely good player or two and gets a few results I'm sure folks minds would change.

Of course, if things improved a lot of people would be apologising, I’d love that to happen, no one wants this

Edited by Lola montez

I too feel sorry for every single player Stubbs signed - none knew what they were letting themselves in for. I also feel sorry for last season’s squad who were looking forward to the new season but many are now alienated by the manager. An omnishambles that could so easily have been avoided. The next guy will have his work cut out.

On 8/29/2018 at 18:31, buddie06smfc said:

Absolutely, I stand by that comment. You do a lot of good work for and with the club however this close season you have continually painted a picture of doom and gloom. We have just been promoted with a lot of change at the top, there is always going to be a transition period from one season to another never mind changing manager in that period.  

The unnecessary Team Eckersley stuff was the start of it and almost led a witch hunt against the new manager - all because Stubbs told an injury prone player he was free to leave. By all means voice your opinion but at least give it a chance before doing so. It is probably the biggest forum to reach out to Saints fans after all.

The B&W Army account is just my personal rambling thoughts on what is happening at the club. I'm no cheerleader and call things exactly how I see it.

I was underwhelmed by the appointment of Stubbs but was totally prepared to support and get behind him.

His recruitment over the summer however has been an absolute shambles.  Nobody can sugarcoat that fact.

I absolutely felt the treatment of Eckersley was spectacularly unfair, being told he was free to leave before he had even kicked a single competitive ball under the new manager.

He made 24 starts in the league last season out of 36 games, calling him injury prone is completely unfair.

2 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

It's actually not too different from Tommy Craig's fiasco tbh. Especially the signings;

Pish striker from down south.; Craig; Marwood. Stubbs; Cooke.

Horrendous centre half;  Craig; Plummer.  Stubbs; Kpekawa.

Left back that isnt very good; Craig; Tesselaar. Stubbs; Coulson.

Another pish striker from down south; Craig; Ball. Stubbs; Brock-Masden.

Midfielder from Thistle that isnt very good; Craig; Osbourne. Stubbs; Edwards

Some of those names made me shudder. Although I thought Plummer actually looked ok in this handful of appearances. Issac Osbourne was actually a decent player just riddled with injuries.

14 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Some of those names made me shudder. Although I thought Plummer actually looked ok in this handful of appearances. Issac Osbourne was actually a decent player just riddled with injuries.

Ack away!

Both players were shocking and added absolutely nothing to an already shocking squad.

41 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I liked Osbourne from the games he played. Decent squad player. Plummer got found out at Motherwell and cut short his stay with us for some reason.

3 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

It's actually not too different from Tommy Craig's fiasco tbh. Especially the signings;

Pish striker from down south.; Craig; Marwood. Stubbs; Cooke.

Horrendous centre half;  Craig; Plummer.  Stubbs; Kpekawa.

Left back that isnt very good; Craig; Tesselaar. Stubbs; Coulson.

Another pish striker from down south; Craig; Ball. Stubbs; Brock-Masden.

Midfielder from Thistle that isnt very good; Craig; Osbourne. Stubbs; Edwards

You forgot the winger from Lancashire that's not very good - Drury v King.

5 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

This guy could be on his way to Paisley .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Marquis

He looks like he'd be a good signing so not a fucking hope is he heading to us!

I was more optimistic about a good season with the squads Murray and Rae had assembled than I am with Stubbs. Hopefully I'm just as wrong now as I was then.

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

He looks like he'd be a good signing so not a fucking hope is he heading to us!

I was more optimistic about a good season with the squads Murray and Rae had assembled than I am with Stubbs. Hopefully I'm just as wrong now as I was then.

Worked as a part-time model.  This season's Allan Russell then :lol:

Edited by davidmcc