The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

30 minutes ago, geo87 said:

You would have to assume
broadfoot has suggested he wants to go back to Killie, bit weird / cheeky / arrogant otherwise for them to come back in so soon after leaving?

He’s been excellent since he’s arrived, and wouldn’t want to lose him, especially to strengthen another relegation rival

That's my worry, if fit KB will slot back easily into the Killie team - much more easily than any last day replacement will do for us if & when required.

26 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Have we received all the money due from the Mallan transfer to Dundee? Might explain our reluctance to deal with them.

22 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

They also never paid up the full compensation when they poached Jack Ross that time.

Why you couple of japesters !!!

Is Mullen actually any good ? He scored against us everytime but i suppose that isn't hard !

44 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:

Why you couple of japesters !!!

Is Mullen actually any good ? He scored against us everytime but i suppose that isn't hard !

Scorer of good goals rather than a good goalscorer. Lots of fans would be sorry to see him leave and believe he should be getting more of a chance, but the reality is he's decent at Champ level, not so much at Prem.

He's a niggly, hard-working player who will chase every ball. He should perhaps learn to be a bit more lazy/selfish. Also excellent at, euphemistically speaking, 'winning free kicks'. 

3 hours ago, RossC93 said:

Apparently Dundee “made an offer” we knocked back when he’s available for free - bizarre.

Maybe their offer was trying to force Jack Hamilton upon us.

Danny is still under contract to St Mirren so not available for free.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Couple of folk on twitter saying that Broadfoot to Kilmarnock is off. Good.

100%.   I would love him to stay.  He clearly didnt get on with the itallian manager they brought in to fill the Stevie Clark hole when he left for Scotland.

There are ways and means.  I'm assuming we want to keep him.  If he wants to go, Killy want him back, then fine.  We value our best defender at an appropriate price.

The value of something is determined by how much someone is prepared to pay.  If they want him, then they'll pay the going rate.  18 months left on contract, potential relegation candidates, one of our stronger performers, hugely experienced...

450-500k i would assume as a marker in the sand.  If not, then he stays and will give Goodwin 100% as a seasoned professional.  

"We’re still trying to work on another couple and hopefully we can get at least another one in before the window closes. But the business we have done up to now has been good."

From JG on the official site.

100%.   I would love him to stay.  He clearly didnt get on with the itallian manager they brought in to fill the Stevie Clark hole when he left for Scotland.
There are ways and means.  I'm assuming we want to keep him.  If he wants to go, Killy want him back, then fine.  We value our best defender at an appropriate price.
The value of something is determined by how much someone is prepared to pay.  If they want him, then they'll pay the going rate.  18 months left on contract, potential relegation candidates, one of our stronger performers, hugely experienced...
450-500k i would assume as a marker in the sand.  If not, then he stays and will give Goodwin 100% as a seasoned professional.  
It gets curiouser, I've got a Kilmarnock supporting mate who just told me that apparently we offered Broadfoot to Kilmarnock for a fee. Dyer was happy to take him but Fowler said no.

The whole thing seems a bit odd.