The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Hodson is a good acquisition but I'm still gutted to lose Paul McGinn, I think he's been our best player this year. He's played all across the back and been excellent everywhere.

The defence that was pretty solid for the first half of the season has completely changed. Admittedly Broadfoot and Mackenzie are still to come back. Here's hoping the all gel together quickly.

Sad to see Paul McGinn leave, been a fine player for us offering much versatility. Hodson signing leaves us with two hobbit full backs, if the opposition play us well they could have a lot of joy shelling the ball down the line to play off knockdowns as Hearts did at Tynecastle.

4 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Sad to see Paul McGinn leave, been a fine player for us offering much versatility. Hodson signing leaves us with two hobbit full backs, if the opposition play us well they could have a lot of joy shelling the ball down the line to play off knockdowns as Hearts did at Tynecastle.

Hodson is 1 cm shorter than Ryan Flynn.

So by your reckoning we're already playing with two "Hobbit" full backs.

13 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The Sun reporting that Erhahon could be off to Barnsley on loan with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

Seems odd.

Not really, he's a highly rated 18 year old and the best youth prospect at the club so it's pretty natural there would be interest from down south. Just because a few of our fans decided to write him off when he was 17 doesn't actually mean he's shit.

Not really, he's a highly rated 18 year old and the best youth prospect at the club so it's pretty natural there would be interest from down south. Just because a few of our fans decided to write him off when he was 17 doesn't actually mean he's shit.
I never suggested he was shit. Far from it, I think he's a very good player. I thought he did very well in difficult circumstances last season.

It seems odd that it's come from no where and considering the fact that he hasn't played this season. Have they been scouting our reserve games? It's possible. Going on loan is presumably to see if he's good enough. It seems unusual to do that rather than have him go on trial.

You forget how young he is. Breaking into the first team at that age put him under a huge amount of pressure, along with getting played out of position.

This experience could be the making of him and St Mirren reap the benefits.

Erhahon was absolutely strung up by being forced to play in a position at 16/17 that left him like a fish out of water. 

Yeah good player not surprised English Championship clubs are interested. Hopefully we get a decent fee for him.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

Yeah good player not surprised English Championship clubs are interested. Hopefully we get a decent fee for him.

It's win-win for us, if he makes a good show of himself. We either get a proper player back, or he catches the eye at a very good level and we can ask silly money for him.

Just hope they give him the chance that we haven't.