The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

10 minutes ago, NorthBank said:
58 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:
Sounds like Paul McGinn out & Lee Hodson in

3 clubs after Hodson. Hope Hibs is one of them.

For me, they are of a similar standard, so it'll be ok if Paul goes and Lee comes in.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

"This will complement existing provision offering skills and qualifications in areas such as: catering, hospitality and retail, along with apprenticeships in grounds keeping and maintenance"

This is a direct quote from Kibble website . 

To be fair though Billy, complementing existing outsourced staff in those areas and offering apprenticeships on things like grounds keeping isn't replacing existing staff like certain folk were alluding to. 

[emoji599]Football CFB with... Danny Grainger [emoji599]Ex[mention=35932]GretnaFC2008[/mention],[mention=12769]BrechinCityFC[/mention], @dundeeunitedfc,[mention=33245]JamTarts[/mention], @StJohnstone, @saintmirrenfc, @officialdafc, @officialcufc & current @WorkingtonAFC manager @Dannyg31986 discuss his career & cup final success. Listen @- https://anchor.fm/footballCFB

13 appearances and most fans happy to see the back of him!

Would be happy enough with Hodson coming back. Was outstanding in the play-off games, although his best games probably came at leftback and he'd be playing on the right. Would allow Flynn to go back into midfield and Hodson could also fill in there if required. Shows how much things have changed that Hladky, Flynn and MacPherson were the only starters at the weekend who played with Hodson.

As for the Kibble proposal, it sounds good on the surface but I have a few concerns. Are they benefiting financially in some way from this? I'm sure the club would have been more than happy to let people from the Kibble do jobs around the place and getting experience without spending money on shares.

If Hodson comes in for Mcginn, it's good business. 
Still absolutely need another two in though and we appear to be doing exactly what Jim said we didn't want to and leaving it to the last fart. 
To be fair, JG couldn't predict we would need a replacement for Magennis or that McGinn would be leaving. The striker we were confident of signing early this week fell through apparently, so that has left us scrambling about a bit. Not ideal, but the best laid plans and all that.

12 hours ago, billyg said:

"This will complement existing provision offering skills and qualifications in areas such as: catering, hospitality and retail, along with apprenticeships in grounds keeping and maintenance"

This is a direct quote from Kibble website . 

I would imagine this is what is being talked about... https://www.changemakers.com/economicopportunity/entries/kibble-employment-and-training-programme  . So no, not replacement for existing staff but the creation of training and work experience opportunities for unemployed people. A tried and tested approach in the third sector. 

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

I do not think half the folk on B&Warmy have actually read the proposals and the detailed Q&A or press releases. Wrong conclusions are being jumped on every second post.

To be fair, it's really just one screaming lunatic posting whatever drivel pops into his head because he hates Gordon Scott. He hasn't been consistent in anything he's said, he just wants to kill the debate. Not worth reading.

24 minutes ago, GAD said:

To be fair, it's really just one screaming lunatic posting whatever drivel pops into his head because he hates Gordon Scott. He hasn't been consistent in anything he's said, he just wants to kill the debate. Not worth reading.

I am only too aware of the meltdown. However his poison is spreading. If everyone read the documentation that is available there may be more constructive debate than latching on to the fantasies of someone losing the plot.

Edited by NorthBank

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Would be happy enough with Hodson coming back. Was outstanding in the play-off games, although his best games probably came at leftback and he'd be playing on the right. Would allow Flynn to go back into midfield and Hodson could also fill in there if required. Shows how much things have changed that Hladky, Flynn and MacPherson were the only starters at the weekend who played with Hodson.

As for the Kibble proposal, it sounds good on the surface but I have a few concerns. Are they benefiting financially in some way from this? I'm sure the club would have been more than happy to let people from the Kibble do jobs around the place and getting experience without spending money on shares.

If McGinn does go and Hodson is coming in till end of season, then I think that is a decent bit of business too. 

Kibble is a CIC so they cannot profit for themselves. 

4 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

I am only too aware of the meltdown. However his poison is spreading. If everyone read the documentation that is available there may be more constructive debate than latching on to the fantasies of someone losing the plot.

He seems like a sad lonely man to me. Looking to raise negative input so that he has plenty of posts to reply to. He never once admits he is wrong and never has a positive thing to say.