djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2019/20 Thread

You'll need to go in the home end.
Broxburn have sold their entire allocation for the away stand, which is an outstanding effort.

Of course I’ll be in the home end!

4 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Of course I’ll be in the home end!

Don't forget to ask for free beans with your pie😉

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

You'll need to go in the home end.

Broxburn have sold their entire allocation for the away stand, which is an outstanding effort.

Might be more of them than us at the game 😂

11 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

Might be more of them than us at the game 😂

I know you're probably joking, but I don't understand why anyone would want to miss this game.

Other than the dummy spitters that whine incessantly that "it's not on my season ticket, so I'm not going":bairn

We'll have at least three new signings potentially on show in a Scottish cup tie, and Broxburn have added to the occasion by ensuring a great atmosphere.

Plus it's been a few weeks without football since we hammered Killie 1-0.:D

I know you're probably joking, but I don't understand why anyone would want to miss this game.
Other than the dummy spitters that whine incessantly that "it's not on my season ticket, so I'm not going":bairn
We'll have at least three new signings potentially on show in a Scottish cup tie, and Broxburn have added to the occasion by ensuring a great atmosphere.
Plus it's been a few weeks without football since we hammered Killie 1-0.

I was going to give it a miss but I may well now reconsider.

8 hours ago, FTOF said:

I don't understand why anyone would want to miss this game.

I’m going to be in Hawaii. Thinking of cancelling the trip so I can go, even though it isn’t on my season ticket. Nah, fcuk it. 😀

Oam Djork -----  is training with Queens with a view to taking him on loan .

What is he like decent player worth signing ?

No idea. Looked ok in the few Betfred Cup appearances. Think he's come off the bench once in the league and he didn't look great.

He needs to go and get games hopefully a move to the likes of Queens would work out well for everyone.

5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We've honestly hardly seen him. He's undeniably skilful but clearly lacking something that JG is looking for in a player. He was signed at a point in the summer when we had about 11 first team players so was possibly a bit of a panic buy.

He really should show up well at your level, but he's a complete unknown quantity in all honesty.

39 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I think he'd do pretty well in the Championship from what little I've seen of him. 

He's not had much in the way of game time since he had a bad performance against Motherwell. 

Obviously Goodwin hasn't seen anything in training to merit a run in the team. 

47 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Unknown as a player tbh but worth signing if you want a World Cup winner to come visit your ground. 

Still seeing a few mutterings on Twitter from Rangers fans that Glenn Middleton is heading to us on loan. 

Would be an interesting one. 

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Still seeing a few mutterings on Twitter from Rangers fans that Glenn Middleton is heading to us on loan. 

Apparently we're in for him too, Holt worked with him when they were at Norwich. We've got a winger in on trial right now so obviously a position we're looking at

5 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I’ve got a relative who plays with St Mirrens youth team and have attended 3 reserve games at St Mirrens training ground over the last few months, and I’m sure Djorkaeff either started or was subbed on in all of them, and scored in at least one of them. Obviously the surname turns heads a little bit,  but from watching him and listening to guys on the sideline it seems he’s just not good enough for first team Premiership action, especially in a team battling at the bottom of the league. He looks quite a classy player in the reserve games, but to be honest they are not the highest quality and played at a much slower pace than a competitive game. Take my personal opinion with a massive pinch of salt as I am no football scout, but I don’t think the Scottish Championship would be a league he would do well in, where you get very little time on the ball and rarely have a lot of space to run into. Very happy to be proved wrong and would genuinely be interested to see how he fared in a competitive league. 

12 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Would not be surprised to see this happen

Dundalk fans/journos are having quite the salty meltdown on social media about McGrath signing for shitey old St Mirren. This points to one of two things: either they have a vastly over-inflated sense of where their league/team stands in the pecking order, or we've really signed a gem here*.

* To be fair, both could be true.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Dundalk fans/journos are having quite the salty meltdown on social media about McGrath signing for shitey old St Mirren. This points to one of two things: either they have a vastly over-inflated sense of where their league/team stands in the pecking order, or we've really signed a gem here*.

It has been a bit of a meltdown. I genuinely had no idea the Irish league was that highly rated considering nobody in Ireland even seems to watch it. Apparently Dundalk would hammer St Mirren. Also, they play in Europe.

With the exception of the Celtic and Rangers Irish teams often do better in Europe than Scottish teams.

The Irish national team, who have qualified for tournaments far more frequently than us, has picked players from the league or Ireland before they've picked Irish players playing in Scotland. See the likes of Jonny Hayes, Darryl Horgan too.

A lot of people in Ireland don't have a high opinion of the Scottish game.

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Its delightful. We had the same when we signed David McMillan, apparently he'd given up Champions League football to join a backwater league no better than their own.

They slinked away once it became clear he was out his depth over here whilst being a goal machine there.