djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2019/20 Thread

Reading the digger in work today and I see that the W7 group (never heard of them) were involved in a bit of trouble up at Motherwell.

I’ve never noticed any trouble against St Mirren before nor have I heard of the W7.  It’s clear they are just young guys but I was wondering if this seemed to be a one off incident or are these guys causing trouble for the club generally?

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

All about opinions, but I’d put Foley, Flynn and Magennis all ahead of him for a central spot.

He could probably do with being on the bench given his experience, but would be surprised to see him start more than 50% of games this season.

Flynn has been our best player since January, but I think he could do with a wee break. If he's fit I'd start Stephen the next 2 weeks. 

Magennis has been outstanding so far, and I'd keep him on the right for now. 

16 hours ago, Silvio said:

Flynn has been our best player since January, but I think he could do with a wee break. If he's fit I'd start Stephen the next 2 weeks. 

Magennis has been outstanding so far, and I'd keep him on the right for now. 

Part of our problem at the moment is our strikers are not been getting good delivery of the ball.. stephen McGinn has talent for a good pass into spaces . He is not great at breaking up play I'm sure given the chance he will show his hunger to get back. Flynn has been very good. Tomorrow for me is a must win game if we are to kick on. St Johnstone are improving Hearts will also improve at some point. It's quite obvious we need the strikers to score they in turn need decent delivery. 

After a great start Flynn has been poor the last two games. I'd bring Capatain Fantasic back in with Flynn on the bench. I'd also have McAllister on the bench and play Magennis right and Durmus left.  Goody said yesterday that we have to get the ball in the box more and I couldn't agree more. Too often when the ball is wide we try to take yet another defender on or pass it back - just get it in the box! Same with any free kick in the opposition half - get it in the box!

I'm unsure of any trouble they have caused and would be surprised if that was the case. They are a bunch of young lads who like singing, making banners and trying to bring some atmosphere to the games. They stand in W7, but don't believe they refer to themselves as that. For me they are more of a positive than a negative.
P.S. I'm a 48 year old with no connection to them.

Reading the digger in work today and I see that the W7 group (never heard of them) were involved in a bit of trouble up at Motherwell.
I’ve never noticed any trouble against St Mirren before nor have I heard of the W7.  It’s clear they are just young guys but I was wondering if this seemed to be a one off incident or are these guys causing trouble for the club generally?

On 19/09/2019 at 13:33, Dindeleux said:

There is no such group called w7 🤷‍♂️🤣

On 19/09/2019 at 13:33, Dindeleux said:

Was it an old Digger? The last time Saints played them away was almost 5 months ago.

Why were you reading it anyway, seeing if you were in it?

43 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was it an old Digger? The last time Saints played them away was almost 5 months ago.

Think it was the boys just getting their verdict from court.

I'm not saying she an old digger...

What exactly are we doing in training, playing fecking pool is my guess because it certainly isn’t finishing?

That is not good enough against 10 men, I get Accies are hard to beat but we had plenty of chances and never looked like taking any of them.

47 minutes ago, Torfason said:

What exactly are we doing in training, playing fecking pool is my guess because it certainly isn’t finishing?

That is not good enough against 10 men, I get Accies are hard to beat but we had plenty of chances and never looked like taking any of them.

Today proved we will again be in a relegation battle.  No one looks like an out and out striker . 

It was poor, poor stuff today. I know it's Hamilton and that you seldom get entertainment when Hamilton are involved, but St Mirren showed a complete lack of urgency all game long. What is the point of those stupid short corners? It doesn't look like there has been a practised routine or any clever organised in there so why do it? They couldn't even claim it changed the angle of the cross cause 9 times out of 10 the cross never came in. It was a complete waste of an opportunity. When we did finally stick the ball in the middle we got our two shots on target - the header that was saved by the keeper, and the follow up with the goal bound shot was cleared by Obika. 

There were no quick free kicks, instead our players seemed more happy to waste time debating incidents and decisions with the referee than getting the ball into the box and firing shots at their keeper. And I'm utterly bored watching Danny Mullen desperately throwing himself to the floor and playing the dying swan role that he does every time he plays. 

I'm surprised at how poor we've gotten under Jim. I thought he was a winner, but there weren't many of that squad today that seemed to have the desire to make winning happen. 

3 hours ago, Malky3 said:

It was poor, poor stuff today. I know it's Hamilton and that you seldom get entertainment when Hamilton are involved, but St Mirren showed a complete lack of urgency all game long. What is the point of those stupid short corners? It doesn't look like there has been a practised routine or any clever organised in there so why do it? They couldn't even claim it changed the angle of the cross cause 9 times out of 10 the cross never came in. It was a complete waste of an opportunity. When we did finally stick the ball in the middle we got our two shots on target - the header that was saved by the keeper, and the follow up with the goal bound shot was cleared by Obika. 

There were no quick free kicks, instead our players seemed more happy to waste time debating incidents and decisions with the referee than getting the ball into the box and firing shots at their keeper. And I'm utterly bored watching Danny Mullen desperately throwing himself to the floor and playing the dying swan role that he does every time he plays. 

I'm surprised at how poor we've gotten under Jim. I thought he was a winner, but there weren't many of that squad today that seemed to have the desire to make winning happen. 

I would not fire bullets Goodwin's way just yet. There is only one problem in the team that being strikers. Goodwin should get some closed door games to get the striker/ partnership right. Unfortunately I feel this will be our let down. 

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

I would not fire bullets Goodwin's way just yet. There is only one problem in the team that being strikers. Goodwin should get some closed door games to get the striker/ partnership right. Unfortunately I feel this will be our let down. 

That isn't the only problem. 

Look at the performance against Hamilton. They were down to 10 men, Jim Goodwin claims he was frustrated by the amount of time Hamilton wasted, yet when the ball was in play and Hamilton were in possession St Mirren weren't doing a high press. Instead they retreated back to the edge of their own box and let Hamilton have as much of the ball as they wanted. There was no urgency at all in the St Mirren play. When they did get the ball either there was a slow constructed build up or they shelled the ball forward to Morais or Obika who were left to attempt to outrun three or four Accies defenders without any support from any of their team mates. 

The short corners were bizarre. Players lined up in the penalty box waiting on the ball coming in, presumably all ready to hit their mark, and instead a short ball gets played and the ball never comes in to the box. Whose idea is that rubbish? 

Took the car on Saturday so did not bother with the 1877 club. Hearing Gus and Tony were taking about recruitment that Haki is away in January.  Sounds like a deal has been done. Any posters at the club on Saturday  ?

Just seen a video of the interview in the club. I'm not picking up he is gone January.  He wont sign a new deal as he wants to play in England.  Fair enough his contract is up in the summer. I would not think cashing in on January would yield decent cash. He could be the saviour of our season. 

He could bring in a few Bob. And Lyness is a good keeper so don't see it being a problem if he goes.

I think it will depend on how we’re doing come Jan, if we (dare I say it) look safe then I reckon we will cash in, in the likely scenario that we are in trouble then I would like to think we will keep hold of him