The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Translation - can’t explain how Gus has failed!

I've explained it numerous times, it's because he didn't provide the continuity that was described as his function by GLS when he was appointed - there's no need for translation just a basic grasp of English comprehension.

Looking forward to your reply.....:death

1 hour ago, btb said:

I've explained it numerous times, it's because he didn't provide the continuity that was described as his function by GLS when he was appointed - there's no need for translation just a basic grasp of English comprehension.

I think he just hasn't provided your (and others') interpretations of continuity.

I think what GLS meant was, having someone who would be working ahead, scouting players, identifying targets two or three windows in advance, and making sure that we suffer less when managers leave. A number of factors interrupted our progress in the summer: our precarious league position and Kearney leaving being top of the list.

It stands to reason that, no matter what, transfer activity will be stunted by those. Since then, we've done some very promising transfer business, a lot of it on two year contracts. So from that perspective, he has succeeded. 

I'll bet we had a damn sight more continuity in terms of transfer activity Vs when Ross left, too, and it's clearly left us in a better position compared to this time last year.

Yes, you're right: if you're looking at a tiny portion of our long term plans, and refusing to look at other factors or subsequent successes, and refusing to compare our situation to last year, then Gus failed.

But by any rational measure, and bearing in mind his job is far from over, then he's doing very well.

Edit for TL;Dr - just because we didn't sign players early in a single summer window, doesn't mean continuity hasn't been provided 👍

Edited by Coventry Saint

22 hours ago, Drooper said:

Trolling The Rangers fans on Twitter.

Not sure which is the worst aspect of the whole thing - making dead club jokes (last funny when Vanzy was still playing), Rangers fans still being wound up about them or national newspapers reporting the tweets and responses on their websites.

Actually I am sure. It's always the latter.

Not sure which is the worst aspect of the whole thing - making dead club jokes (last funny when Vanzy was still playing), Rangers fans still being wound up about them or national newspapers reporting the tweets and responses on their websites.
Actually I am sure. It's always the latter.

The 4th option..........the Sun saying they were ‘demoted’ to appease the zombie hordes [emoji85]

1 minute ago, Bairnschild said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3580427/chick-young-rangers-fan-celtic-song-sir-alex-ferguson/

'that while in fact I’m just a prostitute – I was a big Rangers fan'

Oh dear !!

It stuck with superglue

“I couldn’t conceive.....

'I was sitting with my then partner, looking at her, looking at Johnny'

Is this a joke!

In what way has he not provided continuity?

You haven’t answered it once never mind numerous times!

Looking forward to your reply x

In Jim's pre-match presser, he confirms that there is scope to add to the squad, though says that there is nothing currently in the pipeline (adding with a grin to the hack asking the question, that he wouldn't be telling her in any event).

22 minutes ago, jm1 said:

I'd be pretty happy to stick with this squad and keep the money for January when we can strengthen any areas that need it (centre half when Mcloughlin goes back to 'ull for example).

Yes, also Waters potentially being recalled.

11 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

In what way has he not provided continuity?

You haven’t answered it once never mind numerous times!

Looking forward to your reply x

You brought the argument across from BAWA! :rolleyes:  Over the two sites I have said numerous times that "signings stalled until we appointed a new manager who changed our signing policy" or similar - I maintain my opinion that recent signings (which I'm reasonably happy with) were not part of "the masterplan".

If I hadn't explained myself how was Coventry Saint able to reply to, and even agree with, me (see below)? :1eye

Let's go round again...:death

@Coventry Saint  It's obviously got lost in the mists of time but originally I specified this summer and that's the period subsequent posts have focused on that period and I still think it failed on the terms specified by GLS in the BBC article, which you agree with -"Yes, you're right: if you're looking at a tiny portion of our long term plans."  I've mentioned elsewhere it worked well in the January window when OK was left to concentrate on playing matters. Regarding future developments JG is a different kettle of fish to OK  and again I said previously that I see GMs role being diminished (more of a chief scout) and would question whether it will be VFM  as long as JG stays. 

Edited by btb

I just made the mistake of looking in on the B&WA forum, and seen the Vaclav Hladky thread was busy, so wondered what the latest news might be.

f**k me - what an abysmal shambles that forum has become, with men-children grasping for attention and ruining every half decent topic with their inane, vacuous slabberings.

Shame, as it used to be a decent place to post.

Edited by Drooper

I just made the mistake of looking in on the B&WA forum, and seen the Vaclav Hladky thread was busy, so wondered what the latest news might be.
f**k me - what an abysmal shambles that forum has become, with men-children grasping for attention and ruining every half decent topic with their inane, vacuous slabberings.
Years ago maybe.

Just about every thread has been hijacked by the same idiots (They know who they are) on BAWA. I’m sure some try to be controversial to see who’s going to bite.
The Board, Gus and now the new strikers are getting it in the neck. Embarrassing.

On 31/08/2019 at 13:40, Drooper said:

Once they find their way onto this site and start the same kind of nonsense on here, I’ll be done with this. 

9 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Once they find their way onto this site and start the same kind of nonsense on here, I’ll be done with this. 

I think it's relatively safe here, I hope. They're an insular bunch. I don't think they'd like the idea of taking a roasting from opposition fans. That's the impression I get, anyway.