The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

To be fair, anyone taking his kids along to the family stand for a bigot fest should have their kids taken off them The chairman is doing these guys a favor 

That's a great excuse.  What if you were moved from your seat. Dont tell me you would accept it . I get where you are coming from as a child I went to all Saints games . Fact is we can't fill two stands against the old firm.  Sadly for what ever reason. I grow up supporting St Mirrren no matter who we played you went along supporting the team cheering them on. Now we give two stands away to the old firm behind the goals giving them an advantage.  Unforgivable for me. 

23 hours ago, Hendo said:

I do wonder whether the board should be reflecting on whether the supposed increased income is worth pissing off the home support.

The crowd against Aberdeen was 6199, against Celtic the last time we played them 6597. Aberdeen filled the away end, Celtic and Rangers do the same, so we're doing this for an extra 398 sales, or about 9k a match? Doesn't seem worth it.

Extra sales will be more than that. The problem with that comparison is a lot of home supporters with ST will be at Aberdeen games and stay away for OF games- the club still has the money but it isn't reflected in the attendance. The people along my row in west stand are ST holders and go away but are never there via Rangers and Celtic. Probably about 7 or 8 folk in the section near me. 

Comparing putting them in W5/6/7 with the family stand, I'd say putting them in a separate stand is better. When the west was split it was horrible with crushed facilities for home fans and seemed to be a lot more agitation with fans so close.  

Last season the club CEO said this about the 2 stand thing against the Old Firm
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-chief-warns-rangers-12725035
It would have been nice if he had stuck to his word for once. 

What words has he not stuck to? I can’t see anything from the quotes that he has gone back on.

Unless you have just taken the headline as TF’s words, which he didn’t actually say.

My mate finishes his job at the shirt printers this month, but he's going out with a bang. Apparently we've just ordered a load of:

GIJOPS

Bear in mind the last prediction matched Andreu almost perfectly - two weeks before he was announced.

Speculate away.

12 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

My mate finishes his job at the shirt printers this month, but he's going out with a bang. Apparently we've just ordered a load of:

GIJOPS

Bear in mind the last prediction matched Andreu almost perfectly - two weeks before he was announced.

Speculate away.

A hearty mix of Goncalves and Popescu. 

The J and I s are just for show. 

Either that or Ji Sung Park is coming out of retirement. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Don’t understand the clamour to get Popescu back. He was decent enough last season but nothing special. If he/his agent has changed the goalposts and started requesting more money then we should look elsewhere. McLoughlin has been a stand out performer thus far and Baird and MacKenzie are more than able. In saying that we should get cover for when MacKenzie next gets injured however Popescu at an inflated rate shouldn’t be the solution.

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A hearty mix of Goncalves and Popescu. 

The J and I s are just for show. 

Either that or Ji Sung Park is coming out of retirement. 

What name does Morias have on the back of his shirt? I know some guys go for their first name - wondered if he did that?

Unless it's Popescu, and our manager needs more gear with his initials on... 😬

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 hour ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

In what way has he failed to provide continuity?

You’ve failed to explain how you know this!

Read what GLS said in the article - his words not mine!

If you do so carefully there will be no need to post any more jeremiads on this topic! :rolleyes: 

Edited by btb