djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2019/20 Thread

Waters is too good to be sitting on our bench so I'm glad he's went to you guys for game time. I doubt that the recall option will be used at all come January but I expect Taylor will move on next summer and Waters will take his place in our first team. 

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Kilmarnock assistant manager was sitting near me in the main stand. Calum Davidson further down he is first team coach at Dunfermline.  

Stevie Clarke was in attendance too. Saw him heading through the main entrance at about 2.45. Can't say he'd be too impressed with McKenna's performance. 

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Waters on his interview on buddie vision said he can be recalled in January.  Goes on to say he will return to Kilmarnock at the end of the season as he has another year on his contract.  

I thought it was reported that his contract was up in 2020. Have Kilmarnock extended it?

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

It would be good if Calum Waters considered a permanent deal with us come January. Does his current contract with Killie not run out next June?

I guess it depends on what happens with Taylor, if Killie punt him then they might see Waters as an ideal replacement.  

Depends on whether he wants to play championship football or stay with us😊😛

If waters contract is up in 2020 then he's free to sign a PCA and if he's playing every week then i'm pretty sure the boy would prefer to do that.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

If waters contract is up in 2020 then he's free to sign a PCA and if he's playing every week then i'm pretty sure the boy would prefer to do that.

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I thought it was reported that his contract was up in 2020. Have Kilmarnock extended it?

Only thing I know is the buddie vision interview Waters clearly say's returning to Kilmarnock at the end of the season as I have another year on my contract.  

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Not sure whether to trust the player himself or random guys from P&B on this one.

Not saying he's wrong and Killie haven't extended it, it's just been reported that we had the option of PCA in January as expiring summer 2020. 

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Not saying he's wrong and Killie haven't extended it, it's just been reported that we had the option of PCA in January as expiring summer 2020. 

Perhaps everyone is right He might have meant he had a year of his contract to go from the point when he was interviewed i.e. summer 2020

Even if he stays with Saints till the end of the season he goes back at the middle of May to Killie till his contract expires probably the end of June 2020

Is anyone going to the Q&A tomorrow? If so it would be good if someone could ask how the whole technical director thing works and a step-by-step guide to the whole process, from who originally identifies players, who scouts them and who has the final say on signing.

And on the subject of recruitment, the utter brass neck of this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49344762

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Is anyone going to the Q&A tomorrow? If so it would be good if someone could ask how the whole technical director thing works and a step-by-step guide to the whole process, from who originally identifies players, who scouts them and who has the final say on signing.

And on the subject of recruitment, the utter brass neck of this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49344762

Got me thinking if I could find one photo to sum up Stubbs & Dodgy Darren’s recruitment at St Mirren. Found it.

94BA4EDF-439A-4EC7-9AC2-22C38D44E522.jpeg

Alan Stubbs having the brass neck to criticise anyone about player recruitment has to be the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

I don’t think he’ll ever manage again, even at a lower level given the monumental car crash he created at St Mirren and Rotherham. A complete failure on every level.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Alan Stubbs having the brass neck to criticise anyone about player recruitment has to be the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

I don’t think he’ll ever manage again, even at a lower level given the monumental car crash he created at St Mirren and Rotherham. A complete failure on every level.

I didn't think that Tommy Craig's shambolic recruitment could be topped but Stubb's did manage to do that with bells on 

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Hard to disagree with this. 

Stubbs is increasingly an irrelevance in Scottish football.  If it wasn't for Hibs fans crowing over the cup win, he'd wither up and disappear up his own arse in the black hole of insignificance.  

I wish him no ill, but he had a chance; spectacularly fucked it up, and showed his lack of class and credentials to manage at this level.  

I can't see him ever getting another manager gig.  Hope he does, as I'd love us to play against a team that he recruited and selected.  Every single week.  

1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

If it wasn't for Hibs fans crowing over the cup win, he'd wither up and disappear up his own arse in the black hole of insignificance.  

I wish him no ill.

Best back-to-back lines of the week. Made me chuckle. Here comes yer’ greeny.... 😀

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Hard to disagree with this. 

Stubbs is increasingly an irrelevance in Scottish football.  If it wasn't for Hibs fans crowing over the cup win, he'd wither up and disappear up his own arse in the black hole of insignificance.  

I wish him no ill, but he had a chance; spectacularly fucked it up, and showed his lack of class and credentials to manage at this level.  

I can't see him ever getting another manager gig.  Hope he does, as I'd love us to play against a team that he recruited and selected.  Every single week.  

He demolished a championship winning team because he said a club in that league could not survive in the SPFL but it doesn't seem to have done Ross County any harm, they haven't really changed the side and so far so good for them, I also dont believe for a minute that they are a better side than our league winning team

10 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

He demolished a championship winning team because he said a club in that league could not survive in the SPFL but it doesn't seem to have done Ross County any harm, they haven't really changed the side and so far so good for them, I also dont believe for a minute that they are a better side than our league winning team

He said the players who won the championship weren’t good enough for the top flight, then proceeds to fill the squad with sub standard jobbers. Meanwhile Livingston were doing fine with the core of the side who won league one. 

He didn’t demolish the side though.

Smith, Davis & Morgan left before he arrived. Eck, Mack & Magennis were injured. In other words he was left without the entire defence, best midfielder and the attacker / best player.

You can argue about the standard of player he brought in but you can’t say he demolished the side that won the league. It was demolished before he arrived!