The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We are talking to him?

Based on one guy saying he showed up in his work yesterday we are now talking to him?

That's some leap in logic. 

I wonder where he actually does work that potential St.Mirren signings turn up.🤔

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

The guy who post it on BAWA has been right a few times. 

:lol:

It wasn't posted on BAWA. Someone literally screenshotted a tweet. 

It's some leap in logic to go from a quite innocuous and unverified tweet to you saying we're 'probably' signing him. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Do we actually need a left footed left back?

Back in the day, when Iain Munro left, we just moved Alex Beckett over to left back.

We then replaced him with Steve Clarke at left back. When Tommy Wilson got done in by Ally Dawson at Ibrox, we moved Clarke over to the right and signed another right back, Derek Hamilton, to play on the left.

We managed to win the Scottish Cup, reach 4 other major Semi Finals, qualify for Europe and finish in the top 6 a few times with that set up!

The great Aberdeen and Dundee United sides of the early 80s used right footed left backs, Rougvie and Malpas.

Indeed, Dundee United won the league and almost reached the European Cup Final without any left footed players!

In this day and age of inverted wingers, inverted full backs are the way forward!

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's some leap in logic to go from a quite innocuous and unverified tweet to you saying we're 'probably' signing him. 

Whatever! As I wrote the guy who posted it has been right a few times always a few days before it comes off. Time will tell. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We are talking to him?

Based on one guy saying he showed up in his work yesterday we are now talking to him?

This time last week it was an Italian and that came to the square root of hee haw ! Just tittle tattle for now.

5 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Would be surprised if a left back is not in probably Louis Nganioni as we are taking to him apparently. Would think McAllister also though the latter will be taking a large cut in wages so he might have options.  

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We are talking to him?

The guy works in a hotel and said that Saints had booked him in.

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

The guy who post it on BAWA has been right a few times. 

The first person to post it on B&WA was me. The only time I was right was when a friend saw Mixu Paateleinen walking out of Love St just before he signed. That was 15 years ago.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's IOBS/DZ or you!!!

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

The guy works in a hotel and said that Saints had booked him in.

The first person to post it on B&WA was me. The only time I was right was when a friend saw Mixu Paateleinen walking out of Love St just before he signed. That was 15 years ago.

That's IOBS/DZ or you!!!

Fair enough but we've checked plenty of people into the Glynnhill and they haven't signed. Hlovohvsky and Malec were here in January for a week and we all thought that was a sign it was happening. I dare say Verheydt was also checked in for a bit when he was over. 

It's still a bit funny to say we'll 'probably' be signing him when there's no suggestion we're anywhere near it at this point. 

Also, given how sensitive St. Mirren have been about transfer targets getting leaked recently and how big a chitty the club has within the hotel, I wonder if the guy who let that slip on twitter today will get his balls kicked for leaking who we are signing in under our account. 

Edited by djchapsticks

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Fair enough but we've checked plenty of people into the Glynnhill and they haven't signed. Hlovohvsky and Malec were here in January for a week and we all thought that was a sign it was happening. I dare say Verheydt was also checked in for a bit when he was over. 

It's still a bit funny to say we'll 'probably' be signing him when there's no suggestion we're anywhere near it at this point. 

Also, given how sensitive St. Mirren have been about transfer targets getting leaked recently and how big a chitty the club has within the hotel, I wonder if the guy who let that slip on twitter today will get his balls kicked for leaking who we are signing in under our account. 

I'm sure it can be written now as everyone and his dog knew we were trying to sign Isma . But that's ok as it came from a reliable source. Captain Sensible back in the day had a exclusive which came from his wife a hair dresser. So here we have someone that works in a hotel where St Mirren have an account. Until a signature is on the dotted line it's a romour. But unless it comes from JJ it must be a lot of shit. 

30 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I'm sure it can be written now as everyone and his dog knew we were trying to sign Isma . But that's ok as it came from a reliable source. Captain Sensible back in the day had a exclusive which came from his wife a hair dresser. So here we have someone that works in a hotel where St Mirren have an account. Until a signature is on the dotted line it's a romour. But unless it comes from JJ it must be a lot of shit. 

I legit don't actually know what point you are trying to make here. 

That was a pure rollercoaster. :lol:

48 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

But unless it comes from JJ it must be a lot of shit. 

To be fair it's either JJ or Div that can be trusted on the signing front.

It's not a coincidence that JJ hasn't been on here this week. Guess what? We haven't signed anyone yet. Although I'm hoping that is rectified today or tomorrow!🤞

The added bonus to all of this, is the foaming mess particular posters get into when JJ posts that we're signing someone.🤣

Edited by FTOF

Calum Waters from Killie mentioned again, this time in The Sun. Seems to be on the way out there, although if Celtic go for Greg Taylor then he may fancy his chances of getting some game time.

I'm sure it can be written now as everyone and his dog knew we were trying to sign Isma . But that's ok as it came from a reliable source. Captain Sensible back in the day had a exclusive which came from his wife a hair dresser.

[emoji3]

Actually, it was my brother’s wife who got the story. She was getting her hair done sitting next to John Couglin’s missus.

Coughlin’s missus got a call from Coughlin while at the hairdressers to say that Hendrie had just been sacked and that he was next in.

Coughlin’s missus tells my brother’s wife, she immediately texts my brother and he immediately posts it in b&w army. All within 5 minutes!

The best one was selling Love Street. My brother, div and me completely made up that story at a game away to St Johnstone and decided to post it. Turned out to be true! My brother ended up getting a call from Gilmour to find out who the leak was! [emoji1]

And my my wife at the time wasn’t a hairdresser but I’m getting married again soon.... to a hairdresser. Hopefully get some more exclusives!

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

emoji3.png

Actually, it was my brother’s wife who got the story. She was getting her hair done sitting next to John Couglin’s missus.

Coughlin’s missus got a call from Coughlin while at the hairdressers to say that Hendrie had just been sacked and that he was next in.

Coughlin’s missus tells my brother’s wife, she immediately texts my brother and he immediately posts it in b&w army. All within 5 minutes!

The best one was selling Love Street. My brother, div and me completely made up that story at a game away to St Johnstone and decided to post it. Turned out to be true! My brother ended up getting a call from Gilmour to find out who the leak was! emoji1.png

And my my wife at the time wasn’t a hairdresser but I’m getting married again soon.... to a hairdresser. Hopefully get some more exclusives!

Brilliant.  

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

The best one was selling Love Street. My brother, div and me completely made up that story at a game away to St Johnstone and decided to post it. Turned out to be true! My brother ended up getting a call from Gilmour to find out who the leak was! emoji1.png

Holy shit 😲