The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
19 minutes ago, flyingscot said:
I thought he was completely pish in the playoff games, but I accept not everyone was good that day. 

I thought big Gary Mac played him very well.

Gary Mac played everyone pretty well, tbf. We need to wrap him in cotton wool/a cryo chamber just in case he's needed for the playoffs next year as well.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

At what point do we pick up the phone to Jackson? Or has he been signed up?

I'd been wondering that. At least he's shown he's an option, and can score, and is a bit busy.

Edited by Coventry Saint

We are linked with Pavol Safranko for a loan deal. His Danish club want to sell him if a loan was successful the Danish club would still have to pay a chunk of his wages . From D.R. Thought Goodwin in his Interview said he wants stability in the squad with much less loan deals ? Suppose it's only one. 

4 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

We are linked with Pavol Safranko for a loan deal. His Danish club want to sell him if a loan was successful the Danish club would still have to pay a chunk of his wages . From D.R. Thought Goodwin in his Interview said he wants stability in the squad with much less loan deals ? Suppose it's only one. 

Maybe you can clarify, as our resident ITK poster? Did you not mention something about a financial meltdown? 

11 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Maybe you can clarify, as our resident ITK poster? Did you not mention something about a financial meltdown? 

No ‘meltdown’, no ‘armageddon’, it was merely ‘financially fcuked’ - which apparently is so different that it requires an open challenge on the forum with the proceeds going towards the charity of your choosing.

FFS and all that jazz.

Edited by pozbaird

In fairness to our board , it looks like they have learned from previous mistakes and are doing everything possible to ensure that half of January isn't spent getting rid of the duds signed the previous summer.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

In fairness to our board , it looks like they have learned from previous mistakes and are doing everything possible to ensure that half of January isn't spent getting rid of the duds signed the previous summer.

Totally agree with that Stu. In two of the last 3 years we paid off a whole team in January besides regularly paying off complete management teams. We need quality not quantity. That is why it is galling that we had two class acts in Muzek and Popescu that are far better than anything we have and we did not resign them and are looking for a cheap option.

5 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Totally agree with that Stu. In two of the last 3 years we paid off a whole team in January besides regularly paying off complete management teams. We need quality not quantity. That is why it is galling that we had two class acts in Muzek and Popescu that are far better than anything we have and we did not resign them and are looking for a cheap option.

I don't think that's what JG is saying, he said he could have five or six players of lower quality already but has knocked them back because he wants to improve the standard. The left back who was at Doncaster has not been signed presumably for that reason. It's disappointing to miss out on Muzek and Popescu, but they were OKs players, maybe JG has other ideas, particularly that don't involve spending a lot of the budget on just one or two players. The rumoured deal for Popescu which fell through, i.e. on loan to put him in the shop window, in my view was unsatisfactory anyway as we could well have had to replace him in January.

Guest Moomintroll

Why the f**k is Alan Main still the image on the mobile app in this thread?? If this situation persists much longer I will be forced to wholeheartedly wish relegation upon your mob.

Safranko you say, the fucks going on Gus trying to sign quality players ffs. 

According to the pish stained pampers mob on twitter we should already have had statements from everyone, Fitzy GLS and the kit man to explain what’s going on pre season.

Edited by glenburn bud

31 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Popescu I grant you was excellent for us, although erratic in the playoffs. Muzek was decent but IMO we've found as good before - Miranda, Travner, Tesselaar etc. 

Yea but why let Muzek go when he was the best we had and there would be no bedding in problems? Doubt we will sign much better. Sure we may sign someone as good then they spend two months getting to know their team-mates while we drop points. And why talk about stability when we let decent players leave and go through the unstable process of finding a replacement?

Edited by NorthBank

2 hours ago, RossC93 said:

Have I mentioned players before they are in the public eye. Nope. Am ITK not as far as signings go. So what is your point caller ? The ( player budget ? Best put caller a lot of money has been wasted so affects player budget. Some see it some cant grasp it like everything in life. 

Amazing how our support inflate / reduce players ability to suit their argument. Muzek was bang average and was not one to push the boat out on. Popescu on the other hand we should have within reason, but sounds like terms were changed in the close season that put him out of our reach or Goody wanted to utilize funds else where

Just now, geo87 said:

Amazing how our support inflate / reduce players ability to suit their argument. Muzek was bang average and was not one to push the boat out on. Popescu on the other hand we should have within reason, but sounds like terms were changed in the close season that put him out of our reach or Goody wanted to utilize funds else where

Who is inflating Muzek's ability? Is he not better than what we have? Amazing how supporters want to get shot of players and replace them with the same ability when we are seeking stability.

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Who is inflating Muzek's ability? Is he not better than what we have? Amazing how supporters want to get shot of players and replace them with the same ability when we are seeking stability.

I would say yes he is, specifically due to the fact he is a lb and we currently have no lb.

We should get cammy smith back, who looks to yet again be a bench warmer at best for dundee utd.