The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, I'm all for him going back to Perth.

The other one that Drooper hinted at earlier is a far more exciting prospect. :) 

Kane Hemmings. 

10 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Your ambition is quite endearing, but the simple fact of the matter is that Stevie May wouldn't join St. Mirren even if Jim Goodwin threatened to murder him and his entire family.

I couldn’t care less mate, Stevie May looks like half the player he was before the bad injury. 

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kane Hemmings. 

No idea who it is just wondering what made you come up with that name. Can see May going back to you did not realise he came through your ranks and a local. Unless of course Dundee United through funny money at May. Being reported Shankland got a decent signing on fee play around £3,000 a week. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

No idea who it is just wondering what made you come up with that name. Can see May going back to you did not realise he came through your ranks and a local. Unless of course Dundee United through funny money at May. Being reported Shankland got a decent signing on fee play around £3,000 a week. 

Speculation you've made a move for a striker who's "regularly scored in the top flight" and that Hemmings is heading north

The Johnnies seem keen, but I reckon that is fueled by nostalgia as much as anything else.

I'd like May so sign for St Mirren just to confirm my theory of Jim Goodwin engaging in psychological warfare with opposition fans after upsetting a bunch of nostalgic Accies by signing Andreu.

Who else could you guys could sign to enrage more opposition fans? Bonus points for Old Firm raging!

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

He's came up with that name because Dundee fans were getting excited in the Dundee thread about possibly signing him (which won't happen). He's now passing it off as fact that you lot are signing him in the Dundee thread.

May signs for St Johnstone:

St Johnstone fans: ‘Great signing. Will score goals for us, Aberdeen never knew how to use him’.

St Mirren fans: ‘Dodged a bullet there. Not a great scoring record. Not the same player since his injury. Fakes welcome to him’.

May signs for St Mirren:

St Mirren fans: ‘Great signing. Will score goals for us, Aberdeen never knew how to use him’.

St Johnstone fans: ‘Dodged a bullet there. Not a great scoring record. Not the same player since his injury. Buddies welcome to him’.

May signs for Dundee United:

St Johnstone & St Mirren fans: ‘Going to be glorious when the cash-splashing cnuts fail to win promotion again and go bust’.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's came up with that name because Dundee fans were getting excited in the Dundee thread about possibly signing him (which won't happen). He's now passing it off as fact that you lot are signing him in the Dundee thread.

Not a name I heard before R.G. posted. He was a bit of a goal machine for you am I right. Would say he would be better than May. 

Translated: 

St. Mirren received an offer for VACLAV HLADKÝ! Azerbaijan champion FK Karabach showed great interest in the Czech goalkeeper.

Don't know if this is true or the reliability of the account (ie whether they are speculative or an actual news site)

I know Qarabag are very rich and apparently have a transfer budget in the 8 figure region so unless it is in the high six figures at the very least (£750k+), I hope we are firmly knocking it back. He's that important to our team.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Translated: 

St. Mirren received an offer for VACLAV HLADKÝ! Azerbaijan champion FK Karabach showed great interest in the Czech goalkeeper.

Don't know if this is true or the reliability of the account (ie whether they are speculative or an actual news site)

I know Qarabag are very rich and apparently have a transfer budget in the 8 figure region so unless it is in the high six figures at the very least (£750k+), I hope we are firmly knocking it back. He's that important to our team.

Snap. Wonder what kind of offer ? Would need to be decent to let him go. 

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Snap. Wonder what kind of offer ? Would need to be decent to let him go. 

Again, I'd wait until confirmation is received that a bid has come in rather than from a 3rd party twitter account.

We knew Qarabag were sniffing for weeks, if they want him, they have the money to turn our heads, we know that.

I just hope we don't revert to type and cash in for £200k cos he's only got a year to go, I'd much rather keep him for a year and lose him for nothing whilst scouting out a replacement than taking pennies for him - the offer would have to be significant. Unless of course there's a release clause then not a lot we'd be able to do.

On the Stevie May chat, he will definitely not sign for us. He is a good player though & I think whoever signs him will be getting a good striker who just needs a couple of early goals & it could be a great bit of business for them.