The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

22 minutes ago, Stu said:

Words and phrases like "perfectly adewuate" "decent"  and "solid and unspectacular" make him sound like the ideal Gus MacPherson signing.

This. He might well be the guy to fit in the Hodson role in the squad where he can play most defensive positions but not be the best at the club in any of them. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Words and phrases like "perfectly adewuate" "decent"  and "solid and unspectacular" make him sound like the ideal Gus MacPherson signing.

Given some of our recent signings and loanees, phrases like ‘perfectly adequate’, ‘decent’, and ‘solid but unspectacular’ are giving me a hard-on.

I see Oran Kearney has been unveiled at Coleraine tonight. 

I wonder if all the weapons amongst our support still think GLS is to blame for this.

What fucking club takes 8 or 9 weeks to appoint a manager. 

Totally stinks of a complete stich up. Kearney was never the innocent party in all of this.

Delighted that Goody is at the helm now. 

9 day's till kick off bet fred cup good see Jim well prepared with a full squad . Another bad preseason thought that was what Gus was brought in to help. I suppose he has given the list of potential players is as long as your arm. Now the wait agents seeing if better deals can be had else where. Same old. 

43 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

9 day's till kick off bet fred cup good see Jim well prepared with a full squad . Another bad preseason thought that was what Gus was brought in to help. I suppose he has given the list of potential players is as long as your arm. Now the wait agents seeing if better deals can be had else where. Same old. 

Sorry mate, don’t understand your first part?

Anyway, see in the Herald that they’ve quoted Fitzy, saying Jim has the budget for 7 players. Hopefully see one or two in at the start of next week.

45 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Climb down, a lot can change in 9 days. 

We won't be finished but we'll look different from today at least. 

Sorry mate, don’t understand your first part?
Anyway, see in the Herald that they’ve quoted Fitzy, saying Jim has the budget for 7 players. Hopefully see one or two in at the start of next week.
First part?

I’m not in the least bit concerned about signing the players we need to increase the squad size to what is required. This is what pre season is all about. The Signings will happen over the next couple of weeks in time for the league campaign. 

4 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m not in the least bit concerned about signing the players we need to increase the squad size to what is required. This is what pre season is all about. The Signings will happen over the next couple of weeks in time for the league campaign. 

We have lost a great centre back and a good left back what's left is good. Hope Cook shines he could well be our surprise of the season. 

36 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Louis Longridge is in Spain with the team I think

Can't see us being seriously interested in players of his calibre. Not to pre judge anyone but he's definitely not got a record that strikes as good enough. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Can't see us being seriously interested in players of his calibre. Not to pre judge anyone but he's definitely not got a record that strikes as good enough. 

Obviously Jim thinks he can do a job having played against Dunfermline last season. Cant remember the guy who knows. 

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Obviously Jim thinks he can do a job having played against Dunfermline last season. Cant remember the guy who knows. 

I can remember him. He's not very good. He consistently plays at championship level for a good reason. 

That being said, it's not confirmed that he's actually out there. 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

We have lost a great centre back and a good left back what's left is good. Hope Cook shines he could well be our surprise of the season. 

I've genuinely got a good feeling about Cody Cooke. His attitude is clearly first rate, and I think he'll have taken a lot of confidence from his performances in very testing playoff games. Not least making Connolly completely lose the plot.

If we set up right and concentrate on getting balls into the box, I reckon he could be an 8-10 goal striker this season. 

I can remember him. He's not very good. He consistently plays at championship level for a good reason. 
That being said, it's not confirmed that he's actually out there. 

Was certainly at the airport with Gus and Andreu. Wasn’t in a Saints tracksuit but Djorkaeff wasn’t either.