The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

50 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I think if JG hadn't accepted the job, there's a very good chance Ok would be taking us into the new season. 

Ah, I see... machiavalian skullduggery.... 😀

How the fcuk do you spell that... think it was a Jimmy Sanderson one from back in the day.

Edited by pozbaird

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We thought the exact same with Richie Foran.  The glaring difference of course. is that Goodwin has proven he is a good manager.  Our daft fucking board just went simple and gave it to Foran as they couldn't be fucked with the process required apparently.

Yeah, I mean that would have been like us bringing in Steven Thompson.

He'd have been a hugely popular figure but concerning as no managerial skills. With Goodwin we seem to get a good deal on both fronts on the face of it.

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

He would have commuted like he done last season when it was not a problem. Goody putting himself in the press I'm now ready for a full time gig come and get me swung it in my view. Glad we got our man The turnover in staff is going to make the accounts interesting reading I have been hearing. 

You also heard from your '500% trustworthy' source that there is zero budget this season and that was made a mockery of in short order.

I'm starting to think someone is purposefully feeding you a lot of shite to see how much you'll fire onto the forums, bud.

Why do you need to be part of a Jim Goodwin love-in? Why do you need to think GLS shafted Kearney? Why do you have to think OK shafted GLS and was ‘working his ticket’?

I’ve read so much ‘a bloke told me’, or ‘I’ve been hearing’ shite that it surprises me none of the folk posting this stuff can tell us all who really did shoot JFK.

Me? I’m not ITK, I don’t have a mate who tells me anything. I have heard fcuk-all from anyone about anything. All I know is that as a club, we have a recent record of hiring and firing, of getting as many appointments wrong as right, and in many instances, shooting ourselves in the foot with self-inflicted acts of managerial fcukwittery.

Jim Goodwin is now in charge. He gets my full support. Thanks Oran for helping keep us up. That’s it.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

You also heard from your '500% trustworthy' source that there is zero budget this season and that was made a mockery of in short order.

I'm starting to think someone is purposefully feeding you a lot of shite to see how much you'll fire onto the forums, bud.

I think this will be one of those occasions when a broken clock tells the correct time. 

Just now, btb said:

I think this will be one of those occasions when a broken clock tells the correct time. 

Oh I agree that payoffs will increase massively but by same token, our money in has also gone up. It won't financially be too disheartening (aside from pishing away the McGinn money).

Regardless, OK's shenanigans won't show on the club's accounts until next year's AGM.

Fantastic appointment, delighted. One of the best young managers in Scotland who’s already cup winning captain and a bona fide club legend.

What could go wrong...?!

Definitely has the whiff of something that’s been plotted for a while, before the end of the season perhaps. Good. Kearney wasn’t up to it and I’m glad he’s gone and Jim was the only man to replace him.

Had the fear we were going to lose out on him this summer if another full time club got to him first. Thankfully Gordon’s got our man, by whatever means necessary.

Who knows what the season ahead will hold. Whatever happens I’m sure it isn’t going to be dull...

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Let's just say I know someone who is in contact with Oean's family. Quite happy to show you the text on my phone in the 1877 club first home game from the horses mouth that's why I was 500% . Just so you know it is something I'm not making up. PM me  Edit I did not write zero budget you are making that up I can tell you things are not healthy financially.  PM me. 

Edited by Demented Zebra

19 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Let's just say I know someone who is in contact with Oean's family. Quite happy to show you the text on my phone in the 1877 club first home game from the horses mouth that's why I was 500% . Just so you know it is something I'm not making up. PM me  Edit I did not write zero budget you are making that up I can tell you things are not healthy financially.  PM me. 

I've heard the same , but then again I've got an agenda.  

Oh, wait a minute,  I've said this. 

3 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I've heard the same , but then again I've got an agenda.  

Oh, wait a minute,  I've said this. 

I kind of get it , it's not something I hold against Scott changes had to be made we all get that. But we have paid a high price for self inflicted mistakes.  The flick of the coin is why would JG take on the job if it's as bad as I'm led to believe?