The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I think that’s fair enough if it was the case. Either commit or move on
I'm not sure really. It worked well enough last season but the strain from missing his family was pretty obvious.

Is it fair to force the guy to buy a house and uplift his family when we could sack him by October?

Surely they had an agreement in place?

Maybe it's all bollocks, we are all bored and pre season hasn't even started yet.

5 minutes ago, elvis said:
2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
Don't believe it is a homesickness or relocation issue.

You believe wrong it is exactly that.

The manager isn’t the problem it’s the chairman. He’s managing to monumentally f**k things up for the second season in a row. 

Shambles.

45 minutes ago, Stu said:

If Kearney goes the official reason will be the travel/homesickness issue, regardless of whether or not that is actually the problem.

If Kearney goes, we’ll get someone else in. I will wish Kearney well, but will not lose any sleep over it. I also don’t really care what the reason for him going turned out to be, should he indeed leave. It could be an ultimatum from GLS to ‘commit’ by moving here, it could be an assistant disagreement, it could be budget disagreements, it could be simple homesickness. The only reason that would be a problem would be if Fitzy and GLS genuinely tell him, or indeed any Saints manager, that his remit isn’t merely to avoid relegation and do their best, but to finish top 6, preferably top 4, get into Europe, and unearth the next Lionel Messi. Now, Fitzy might actually think we should be doing all that, but surely to Christ, GLS can slip something into his tea to calm him down.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, elvis said:
3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

We'll see. 

Wait until the rumoured assistant is hired and things might start to make a wee bit more sense. 

If it's who I've heard, then it's definitely been taken out of OK's hands and is part of the reason he's unhappy, not getting to choose his own man. 

Is OK working his ticket?

Is the budget too tight?

Would Goodwin be Interested?

Is this a ploy to get Gus back in the hot seat?

Very bizarre timing. Especially after the earlier rumours were put to bed.

Tony Fitz won't be responsible for the budget for what its worth.

Goodwin wouldn't work with Fitzpatrick simple 100%

2 hours ago, elvis said:
4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

24 minutes ago, elvis said:

Everyone a fucking knowall.

Hmmmm. Quite.

27 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Confirmed on the Scottish news. GLS wants Oran living in Scotland. Harsh words spoken. 

Bit harsh Imo. We should be backing him and giving him the option of commuting as it has worked so far. The club needs stability 

Sounds to me like everyone is desperate to blame Scott here but this looks like it could just as easily be Kearney working his ticket hoping for a payoff. If he wants to go back to Ireland, fine. If he's not happy with the budget, or the way the club is run, fine. He should quit, and he should do it now.

This stinks of him leaking to the papers in the hope he'll get sacked whilst gullible fans eat it up because they don't like Scott or MacPherson.