The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Would perhaps explain why there have been no signings or even rumours at the moment. At the very least you'd have expected MacKenzie's new contract to have been announced by now.

Maybe it's because Jimbo is on holiday and we'll be announcing five new signings when he returns...

You know what? If he does go, then thanks for fighting fires when you came in, and cheerio. Modern fitba’ - why get worked up? Ross, Stubbs, Danny Lennon, Tommy Craig, Gary Teale, Gus, blah, blah de blah.... the pantomime continues, the merry-go-round never stops. I’ve renewed my ST already, I’ve got the car park pass. As usual, I’ll rack up, cheer, quietly boo, be happy, be sad, be meh....

...Welcome to St Mirren ‘the next one through the revolving door’, or, good luck for another season, the current guy already in place.  No-one lasts long. Not managers, not players. Not any more.

Unless your name is Tommy Wright.

Edited by pozbaird

36 minutes ago, McG said:

Kearney not getting backed the way he had hoped......

How many times have we heard this. Our expectations are too high for our budget. St Mirren know how to pull the carpet from under your feet. Never able to build on success, one step forward three steps back. Piss poor. 

Guest Moomintroll
How many times have we heard this. Our expectations are too high for our budget. St Mirren know how to pull the carpet from under your feet. Never able to build on success, one step forward three steps back. Piss poor. 
Tony Fitz appears to be the common integer here, Club Legend etc but you need to get rid, probably not popular but I want St Mirren in the top league. Worked there for years & a great bunch of supporters wanting what we all want from our teams.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Tony Fitz appears to be the common integer here, Club Legend etc but you need to get rid, probably not popular but I want St Mirren in the top league. Worked there for years & a great bunch of supporters wanting what we all want from our teams.

Correct.

A man that doesn't shoot for the moon, he lives on it!

More hassle than he is worth in that position tbh.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Would perhaps explain why there have been no signings or even rumours at the moment. At the very least you'd have expected MacKenzie's new contract to have been announced by now.

Maybe it's because Jimbo is on holiday and we'll be announcing five new signings when he returns...

Wasn't appointing a DoF supposed to stop us going into limbo under these circumstances?

If Kearney is not receiving the backing he wanted, then why hang around and wait until this point in time to work his ticket.

Its all speculation at the moment but if, the current rumours about GLS have any foundation then we have a problem moving forward.

Why would Goody commit himself to a job where Kearney supposedly, doesn’t have the full backing of the club. He’ll be looking at it and thinking that he might well have some pretty tight budget constraints to work under.

Maybe much tighter than what he would expect to get at this level.  

If Kearney is not receiving the backing he wanted, then why hang around and wait until this point in time to work his ticket.
Its all speculation at the moment but if, the current rumours about GLS have any foundation then we have a problem moving forward.
Why would Goody commit himself to a job where Kearney supposedly, doesn’t have the full backing of the club. He’ll be looking at it and thinking that he might well have some pretty tight budget constraints to work under.
Is OK working his ticket?

Is the budget too tight?

Would Goodwin be Interested?

Is this a ploy to get Gus back in the hot seat?

Very bizarre timing. Especially after the earlier rumours were put to bed.

Tony Fitz won't be responsible for the budget for what its worth.

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

After all recent interviews I'm guessing Oran has been given an ultimatum. Move over to Scotland or there is no future ?  Scott holds the cards having put the money up for fan ownership. 

After all recent interviews I'm guessing Oran has been given an ultimatum. Move over to Scotland or there is no future ?  Scott holds the cards having put the money up for fan ownership. 

I think that’s fair enough if it was the case. Either commit or move on