The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

So rumour three players coming in next week. One we know , I'm going for McAllister. One from the English Championship  and one from N-Ireland.  Wonder if the Championship player played with Stoke?  Charlie is my darling Adam ? 

Edited by Demented Zebra

21 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

So rumour three players coming in next week. One we know , I'm going for McAllister. One from the English Championship  and one from N-Ireland.  Wonder if the Championship player played with Stoke?  Charlie is my darling Adam ? 

I can't see it being McAllister just yet, unless he knows he's got nae chance at Derby at the moment. Just seems very early in the summer for a loan deal - unless he's really pushing for it himself.

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I can't see it being McAllister just yet, unless he knows he's got nae chance at Derby at the moment. Just seems very early in the summer for a loan deal - unless he's really pushing for it himself.

Just listening to Oran on buddie vision worth a listen.  Trying to bring back loan players. Assistant. manager few names being looked at. Lots of players being looked at. Squad of 20 maybe 21.

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Just listening to Oran on buddie vision worth a listen.  Trying to bring back loan players. Assistant. manager few names being looked at. Lots of players being looked at. Squad of 20 maybe 21.

I'm a tightarse so don't get it :P

Cheers, though - will keep an eye out for reports. 

Gillingham have signed Matty Willock and there is this belter of a line on their website:

"He was released by Manchester United earlier this summer, his career pathway only blocked by experienced first-teamers such as Paul Pogba, Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard."

4 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Chairman on STV interview does not sound confident Popescu will be back. 

Another loan deal I imagine would be the only way. No point spunking that much of our budget on transfer fees we cant afford.  

Fixtures released in 7 days.

Thank f**k.  

Close season being managed by key milestones.  I need help mapping out the routemap back to the start of proper football.

Post playoff there's been the double header international games, kit release, Fitzy annual mental statement, ladies WC, transfer windows, think we've had the first Charlie Adam rumour, i can only think of the usual well kent faces having a fight to the death about some trivial nuanced point on B&W Army about is the biggest cnut Rae or Stubbs...

What other milestones have j got to look forward to?  

Thank f**k.  

Close season being managed by key milestones.  I need help mapping out the routemap back to the start of proper football.

Post playoff there's been the double header international games, kit release, Fitzy annual mental statement, ladies WC, transfer windows, think we've had the first Charlie Adam rumour, i can only think of the usual well kent faces having a fight to the death about some trivial nuanced point on B&W Army about is the biggest cnut Rae or Stubbs...

[emoji23] edited. You have covered almost everything there

2 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Thank f**k.  

1. Kit complaints once on sale...

1a - sizing different from last season. You were an XL in last season’s top, now you need an XXL.

1b - sold out of certain kids sizes / socks / adult XXXLs after one day. Can’t tell anyone when they’ll be back in stock.

1c - Tales of Joma ‘J’, / sponsor logo, peeling off after one wash.

1d - shirts returned as the St Mirren crest was sewn-on all squinty.

1e - Club hold a kit launch at the stadium, but choose to do it at 3am on a Sunday morning.

1f - People who pre-ordered online are told there’s been a delay at the factory.

1g - Club shop runs out of letters ‘S’, ‘P’, and ‘R’, plus the numbers ‘7’ and ‘9’, so tell folk printing will be delayed too.

2. We are linked with ‘Player X’, and fans urge the BoD to sign them before Motherwell snatch them from under us.

3. Rivals have signed ‘Players X, Y, and Z’, while we have done fcuk-all.

4. We announce a pre-season game with Stirling Albion.

5. Kearney statement on signings: ‘we are chasing a few targets, trying to get deals over the line’.

6. We announce that the stadium name is being changed to the Buddie Good Food Van Arena.

then we kick off.

32 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

1. Kit complaints once on sale...

1a - sizing different from last season. You were an XL in last season’s top, now you need an XXL.

1b - sold out of certain kids sizes / socks / adult XXXLs after one day. Can’t tell anyone when they’ll be back in stock.

1c - Tales of Joma ‘J’, / sponsor logo, peeling off after one wash.

1d - shirts returned as the St Mirren crest was sewn-on all squinty.

1e - Club hold a kit launch at the stadium, but choose to do it at 3am on a Sunday morning.

1f - People who pre-ordered online are told there’s been a delay at the factory.

1g - Club shop runs out of letters ‘S’, ‘P’, and ‘R’, plus the numbers ‘7’ and ‘9’, so tell folk printing will be delayed too.

2. We are linked with ‘Player X’, and fans urge the BoD to sign them before Motherwell snatch them from under us.

3. Rivals have signed ‘Players X, Y, and Z’, while we have done fcuk-all.

4. We announce a pre-season game with Stirling Albion.

5. Kearney statement on signings: ‘we are chasing a few targets, trying to get deals over the line’.

6. We announce that the stadium name is being changed to the Buddie Good Food Van Arena.

then we kick off.

The tall and the short of it is budget = left over crumbs.

Some very sad news tonight on twitter about the death of saints fan Fiona McAskill. 

She was only 35 years of age and apparently had a second brain haemorrhage.

You would always hear Fiona at home games screaming as the team lines were announced. Quite a character, RIP buddie.

Tragic news Fiona became a part of our company in the 1977 club also joining us in hospitality.  Fiona lived and breathed St Mirren going to home and away games. Fiona is also friends with quite a few of our players who will be in shock. RIP thoughts go out to her family.  

Awful news, so sad. I didn't know her personally, but I knew her face and always remember her cheering the name of every player as their names were read out. She seemed like a great character.

Thoughts with her family and friends. RIP buddie.