The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Only seen highlights of Saturday’s game but seems reasonably positive. The 2 goals looked really poor defensively again though - especially the first.

If we can get tynecastle out of the way next week relatively unscathed then we have a slight more generous run of games coming up. Another 90 mins under most of our new players belts can help us hopefully we can string a couple of results together.

Amazing what not drinking at the weekend can do to your Monday morning optimism.

Hi guys...hope you don’t mind me dropping by and plugging my podcast, we are both novices at it and this is only our second episode so still perfecting everything. 

If you want to listen to it all that would be great, any feedback is appreciated, if not we do a preview of the game between the two teams from around 58 minutes to 1.08.00, we had Kyle Gunn on to help us preview the game.

Got to say great credit to Kyle, he was extremely keen to come on and talk to us despite his speech impediment, good on him for not letting that hold him back. 

The audio during his interview isnt brilliant and it’s something we will look to improve on in the future. 

2 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

So any one got any thoughts on Sam Jamieson ? Just signed on loan for us

He'll do a great job for you. Some folk wanted to see him getting a chance this season, but we only really play with one up front so he's about fourth choice.

We don't produce many strikers so I hope he does the business for you and comes back with some game time and confidence under his belt.

He'll do a great job for you. Some folk wanted to see him getting a chance this season, but we only really play with one up front so he's about fourth choice.
We don't produce many strikers so I hope he does the business for you and comes back with some game time and confidence under his belt.
Thanks for that good to hear. We are in desperate need for a goal scorer some one to play along side Jacko so hopefully he is it

9 minutes ago, hedgeman83 said:

So any one got any thoughts on Sam Jamieson ? Just signed on loan for us

He looks really strong, pretty quick, and a decent amount of skill too.

From the short bits I've seen him in the first team, and a couple of reserve games, he also looks like he's got a great attitude.

Will be keeping an eye out, but think he'll do well.

When does it stop though? I thought the rule was that if a ref sees a foul and acts, that's the matter dealt with. All this retrospective banning when a ref has seen it and made a decision is seemingly another 'make it up as you go' rule by the SPFL

Jack Ross is allowing Andrew Davies to use their facilities in order for him to recover quicker. I didn't realise Jack Ross was desperate to save us at the expense of St Mirren with him giving us Nelson on a fairly cheap deal, the 'wonderkid' (I'm not saying he is, just seems to have been labelled as such by the Sunderland fan base) at Sunderland in Ethan Robson and now this.

Top lad.