The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Strangely when you see matches you can so vividly remember you usually think ‘jeez where did the time go’  but that honestly feels like a lifetime ago.

Wasn’t at the match but can remember which pub I was watching it in and what table I was at. I cant ever recall such  a pumping off anyone other than the **** domestically. When the fourth went just felt numb and that is possibly the only time I certainly say our players down tools. Part of me wants to watch it and I don't know why. 

That’s funny because to me that game seems like it was yesterday. If I remember correctly Rangers got beat off Dundee United at Ibrox the same night(back when Dundee United we’re breaking new boundaries on the Banter Years front), both games live on TV with Rangers on Sky and Celtic on ESPN. 

I also remember everything about that night and where I was, as I was with a Rangers supporter who wanted to watch the game from Ibrox rather than Love Street. When we turned over to see St. Mirren 1-0 up we put it back to Ibrox, the next time we checked the score it was 2-0 to St. Mirren and a few chuckles were had expecting a strong Celtic team to come back and win. By the time it was 4-0 going on 10 it was a mix of despair and hilarity, knowing Mowbray would be lucky to get through his full time team talk before getting punted. I have a few close family members and friends who support St. Mirren, and the ones who didn’t attend because they were still feeling genuinely unwell after getting beat by 9 men Rangers at Hampden still regret it to this day. 

8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

That’s funny because to me that game seems like it was yesterday. If I remember correctly Rangers got beat off Dundee United at Ibrox the same night(back when Dundee United we’re breaking new boundaries on the Banter Years front), both games live on TV with Rangers on Sky and Celtic on ESPN. 

I also remember everything about that night and where I was, as I was with a Rangers supporter who wanted to watch the game from Ibrox rather than Love Street. When we turned over to see St. Mirren 1-0 up we put it back to Ibrox, the next time we checked the score it was 2-0 to St. Mirren and a few chuckles were had expecting a strong Celtic team to come back and win. By the time it was 4-0 going on 10 it was a mix of despair and hilarity, knowing Mowbray would be lucky to get through his full time team talk before getting punted. I have a few close family members and friends who support St. Mirren, and the ones who didn’t attend because they were still feeling genuinely unwell after getting beat by 9 men Rangers at Hampden still regret it to this day. 

Everything apart from the grounds where the games were being played 😝

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Could be wrong but did you not have a pretty patchy at the new ground in the lead up to this?

It was horrendous. There was a wind-up thread of top five St Mirren league wins at their new ground, the joke being it ran for more than a year before there were even five to put in it. I think the Celtic one was the fourth or fifth.

It was horrendous. There was a wind-up thread of top five St Mirren league wins at their new ground, the joke being it ran for more than a year before there were even five to put in it. I think the Celtic one was the fourth or fifth.
It was the 4th. A few weeks later Kilmarnock were the 5th. 5 home league wins in a season and a half [emoji24]

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Everything apart from the grounds where the games were being played 😝

Was sure the game was at Ibrox but I’m probably getting mixed up with the Scottish cup game where Ciftci celebrated the goal before he scored it. 

On 25/03/2020 at 07:55, Stu said:

I remember an Ayr fan (I think) started a thread with Kenny Shiels top 5 wins as Kilmarnock manager after a slow start.

Was fantastic adding the LC semi final win over Ayr (and subsequent cup win over Celtic) to the list a few months later.

Sorry to interrupt this bun fight, but I have to register my disappointment that nobody has mentioned the break in got as far as the trophy cabinet but turned back once they realised it was empty. Sure, it might not be true, but in these troubling times I feel tradition should be respected.