The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

That's it confirmed you've told us you're planning to talk to Matty Kennedy about a contract for next season. We have talks planned over the next week.

Aberdeen also involved, which blows both us out the water.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's it confirmed you've told us you're planning to talk to Matty Kennedy about a contract for next season. We have talks planned over the next week.

The interesting aspect there for me is that we are making plans for next season based on being in this league. Obviously we could do no such thing last season.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you think he's good enough for Aberdeen? I really liked the look of him in the 2-0 game earlier in the season, but not to the extent where I thought he was anymore than a good bottom six player. Mind you, I suppose they did sign Curtis Main.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Do you think he's good enough for Aberdeen? I really liked the look of him in the 2-0 game earlier in the season, but not to the extent where I thought he was anymore than a good bottom six player. Mind you, I suppose they did sign Curtis Main.

Hard to say, really, as it's hard not to be biased.

Hes comfortably our best player, is involved in almost all our goals, and seems good for 5+ goals and a similar amount of assists in this league, which is good considering the quality hes playing with (Chris Kane).

He could struggle to contribute in a team who dont put every attack through him though.

3 hours ago, geo87 said:

Any word on McLoughlin? Hope we can keep for rest of season

Heard he'll go back to Hull ( hope not). We are pursuing another Irish central defender but his club are looking for a fee !

12 minutes ago, billyg said:

Heard he'll go back to Hull ( hope not). We are pursuing another Irish central defender but his club are looking for a fee !

I heard this as well unfortunately. Something to do with Hull wanting to regulate his playing time as he was playing over the summer.

19 minutes ago, billyg said:

Sore one if true. But if Hull give him to us for another 6 months, that would be him playing regularly for 18 months without body winding down as it would in a pre-season.

I'm sure the big guy could take it though!

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The guy is 23 years old. No wonder football has gone as soft as shite if that's true.

Nobody actually played football for 24 months solid without a holiday back in the good auld days when men wur men either to be fair.

3 hours ago, Saint Shug said:

Today’s daily record has us wanting to sign Blair Lyons of Montrose along with a few Championship clubs. 6 goals from 19 games in league one so far this season. 

Product of Gleniffer Thistle !