The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

The Kwang Tung is excellent, although it’s location couldn’t be worse. I’ve had a sit in meal a few times and watching the world pass by on George Street can be either excellent or worrying viewing. I was in primary school with the owners daughter and at Chinese New Year he would bring in food for all the children and show us how to use chop sticks etc, which was nice of him. 
Why worrying viewing.

I have been told this morning that the reason there will be no general sale for the home end is because the club fears Celtic supporters will buy tickets. and that would have the potential to cause trouble. What utter nonsense!  

1 hour ago, elvis said:
6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:
The Kwang Tung is excellent, although it’s location couldn’t be worse. I’ve had a sit in meal a few times and watching the world pass by on George Street can be either excellent or worrying viewing. I was in primary school with the owners daughter and at Chinese New Year he would bring in food for all the children and show us how to use chop sticks etc, which was nice of him. 

Why worrying viewing.

Because that street has an above average amount of junkies hanging about it. 

29 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

I have been told this morning that the reason there will be no general sale for the home end is because the club fears Celtic supporters will buy tickets. and that would have the potential to cause trouble. What utter nonsense!  

We do that too, and for Rangers. They used to congregate in the home end and act like absolute fannies in every way you're probably imagining. It genuinely is better to have less home fans there than having that lot in with you.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We do that too, and for Rangers. They used to congregate in the home end and act like absolute fannies in every way you're probably imagining. It genuinely is better to have less home fans there than having that lot in with you.

It's a shame. I was going to take my grandson to a game, and would have preferred it to have been the local side. I even enquired about hospitality, but I believe it has been sold out. A general sale would boost the club's coffers. If away supporters infiltrate the home end and make it apparent, they should be ejected.  

Now I'll have to see if I can get tickets for Ibrox instead, which apparently will be easier. 

1 minute ago, Ralstonite said:

If away supporters infiltrate the home end and make it apparent, they should be ejected.  

Again from experience, this causes even more bother as they all kick off when the police/stewards get involved, usually ends with them being allowed their own wee area and the home fans being moved away from it.

You still get the odd one or two getting in, who do seem to behave themselves, but a general sale allows groups of them in and that when the issue arises. Dont know what your situation is but season ticket holders can buy tickets for our games against them, and we also have a database of home fans that allows you to get tickets, I'm sure if you contact your SLO or something theyll get you a ticket no bother.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Again from experience, this causes even more bother as they all kick off when the police/stewards get involved, usually ends with them being allowed their own wee area and the home fans being moved away from it.

You still get the odd one or two getting in, who do seem to behave themselves, but a general sale allows groups of them in and that when the issue arises. Dont know what your situation is but season ticket holders can buy tickets for our games against them, and we also have a database of home fans that allows you to get tickets, I'm sure if you contact your SLO or something theyll get you a ticket no bother.

I don't know how things operate at St. Mirren, but just found an email for the SLO. Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Former forum village idiot Demented Zebra making a tit of himself on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2217557490/

He still has the occasional dig at me on Twitter and Black and White Army as he somehow thinks I got him banned from this forum and it's nothing to do with the fact he's a fucking idiot who should be allowed nowhere near any devices connected to the internet.

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He still has the occasional dig at me on Twitter and Black and White Army as he somehow thinks I got him banned from this forum and it's nothing to do with the fact he's a fucking idiot who should be allowed nowhere near any devices connected to the internet.

ROFL, so you're "Dipstick"? I should have cottoned onto that sooner.

Yeah, he was at it on twitter as well.

1 hour ago, Ralstonite said:

It's a shame. I was going to take my grandson to a game, and would have preferred it to have been the local side. I even enquired about hospitality, but I believe it has been sold out. A general sale would boost the club's coffers. If away supporters infiltrate the home end and make it apparent, they should be ejected.  

Now I'll have to see if I can get tickets for Ibrox instead, which apparently will be easier. 

Enjoy the game, you shit alias. Give Morelos a wave for me.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Former forum village idiot Demented Zebra making a tit of himself on facebook.

https://ww

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

w.facebook.com/groups/2217557490/

He's absolutely slavering. It's actually a bit of a shame.

12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Looking at his last output I can see from his profile's recent tweets and replies, that's not all he was up to on Twitter, the dirty old bugger! :lol: 

Anyone for a game of pool?

Edited by djchapsticks

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What an absolute bell end. People will still put money in whether we win or not, pretty sure I also noticed a few fans of clubs outside St Mirren getting involved also and at the very least it will raise some awareness. I donate a couple of quid to charity at this time of year rather than posting pointless cards, my money is going to the renfrewshire food bank thanks to this.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Looking at his last output I can see from his profile's recent tweets and replies, that's not all he was up to on Twitter, the dirty old bugger! :lol: 

Anyone for a game of pool?

I really, really wish I didn't check what you were talking about. :lol: