The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

Apologies for intruding but what are your thoughts on the best Chinese takeaway relatively close to the ground?  I will be driving so 2 or 3 miles is no issue.

Kwang Tung is the best for miles around. It's in George St, less than 5 minutes drive from the stadium.

image.png.632e1831078893c8e9ae05db8fb65f45.png

Amazing scenes on @Div's Twitter yesterday. He pledged £25 for a local foodbank, for every point that Saints win in the next four games.

Then loads of other people pledged to join in. The number was approaching £1,000 per point last night and I'm sure it will surpass that.

Of course, there are the obvious punchlines about how safe everyone's money probably is, but it's lovely stuff at a tough time of year for a lot of people.

Pressure squarely on the players now. 😬

23 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Amazing scenes on @Div's Twitter yesterday. He pledged £25 for a local foodbank, for every point that Saints win in the next four games.

Then loads of other people pledged to join in. The number was approaching £1,000 per point last night and I'm sure it will surpass that.

Of course, there are the obvious punchlines about how safe everyone's money probably is, but it's lovely stuff at a tough time of year for a lot of people.

Pressure squarely on the players now. 😬

Updated this morning. Total is currently £1365 per point. 

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

8 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

For anyone trying to calculate how much that might work out to be for the food bank, it's £0.00. 

Like I said... 😋

Is it true that St. Mirren are not make any tickets for the Boxing Day game against Celtic available for general sale? I have been told that only season ticket holders will be able to access the home stands. If true it is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard, especially given it's the holidays. 

On 04/12/2019 at 00:45, djchapsticks said:

This is the correct answer by quite some distance. 

The Kwang Tung is excellent, although it’s location couldn’t be worse. I’ve had a sit in meal a few times and watching the world pass by on George Street can be either excellent or worrying viewing. I was in primary school with the owners daughter and at Chinese New Year he would bring in food for all the children and show us how to use chop sticks etc, which was nice of him.