The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

"A frustrated Julius Caesar tried numerous catchphrases that didn't catch on, before happening upon the now famous, Vini Vidi Vici"

😂

I shit you not, I actually tried to find a Latin equivalent for the above before I posted it. 

Wonder what the Latin is for 'this c**t needs to get out more'.

23 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

If that sentence didn't finish with 'myself' then he can get in the sea, the slow-talking waste of space.

The useless c**t had the cheek to claim that he had chosen badly with regards to choosing to "manage" his last two clubs.

I'll bet our board and Rotherham's regret their choice of employing him as manager infinitely more.<_<

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The Stubbs experiment must have been costly as well.

I wonder how much of the John McGinn £1million you had to waste getting rid of him and the duffers he signed?

Hard to say with the accounts, but £300k wouldn’t be unreasonable, then another £200k on replacements. 

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

The Stubbs experiment must have been costly as well.

I wonder how much of the John McGinn £1million you had to waste getting rid of him and the duffers he signed?

A very expensive mistake.  On the plus side - it looks like we have bagged another 330k for Villa being promoted last season. 

11 minutes ago, Munoz said:

A very expensive mistake.  On the plus side - it looks like we have bagged another 330k for Villa being promoted last season. 

Yep, it was part of the deal Hibs signed with Villa - we got £1m, and you got your %age out of that.

Peanuts to them, important to Scottish clubs

5 hours ago, Green Day said:

Yep, it was part of the deal Hibs signed with Villa - we got £1m, and you got your %age out of that.

Peanuts to them, important to Scottish clubs

Aye, especially given how much has been wasted in paying off 2 managers and players. 

Hopefully we're now in for a period of stability but so much of that is dependent on staying up this season. 

Edited by Munoz

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Hard to say with the accounts, but £300k wouldn’t be unreasonable, then another £200k on replacements. 

Would think £300k is a conservative estimate considering Stubbs signed non-League players on 2 and 3 year contracts. And we got rid of around 12 of Stubbs' signings. Allegedly Heaton was one of the highest paid on a 3 year deal but could not get a game for a non-League club when we punted him out on loan. A very, very expensive mistake.

On 26/11/2019 at 18:52, houston_bud said:

Stubbs on Sportsound just now, it's a tough listen. Just threw out the classic "I'm not blaming anyone but"

The guy is an absolute disgrace and it says a lot about how much of a best pals act is going on within sections of the scottish media that he is continually allowed to voice his delusional views over and over again.

All of his ex celtic buddies sticking with their own as well and continually backing him and slating the club. The guy should have absolutely nothing to do with scottish football ever again. It's one thing to have confidence in yourself and quite another to be totally unable to analyse your decision and admit you made a total arse of it.

I wonder if he'll bother getting an honest job or if he'll just sit around whining and whoring himself out everytime a manager position becomes available. In his mind he probably decided against the hibs job, it;s not that jack ross was chosen 😂

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

Apologies for intruding but what are your thoughts on the best Chinese takeaway relatively close to the ground?  I will be driving so 2 or 3 miles is no issue.

The Ivy on Glasgow road is decent, although there may be good options closer.