The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

You could just have said  I dont believe we are in debt. which of course you did and then rambled on in your usual manner, did you ever think that in a previous life you may well have been one of those hellfire preachers?  😎

Ha ha ha ! You got a point there cant argue with that. I'm on a soap box mate heard a few lies. Ticket fiasco, Oran sacked , These are facts that can be proved.  Money wasted can only be proved when the new accounts come out. Like you I'm a life long buddie more than 50 years. If I'm wrong will take the abuse and hold my hand up to say I was wrong . Until that point will not change my mind. I'm a buddie right or wrong on this . I want the best for the club.. 

21 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:
22 hours ago, jaybeee said:

You could just have said  I dont believe we are in debt. which of course you did and then rambled on in your usual manner, did you ever think that in a previous life you may well have been one of those hellfire preachers?  😎

Ha ha ha ! You got a point there cant argue with that. I'm on a soap box mate heard a few lies. Ticket fiasco, Oran sacked , These are facts that can be proved.  Money wasted can only be proved when the new accounts come out. Like you I'm a life long buddie more than 50 years. If I'm wrong will take the abuse and hold my hand up to say I was wrong . Until that point will not change my mind. I'm a buddie right or wrong on this . I want the best for the club.. 

Funnily enough I get some abuse from time to time, quite enjoy it actually because usually I am NEVER wrong, handy that. :rolleyes:

Mind you.......................... roll on the fitba again, please.

Edited by jaybeee
thought

I don't think it is a deliberate strategy. Many clubs, including others in the Premiership, struggled to get players in early because players were rightly looking at other offers and the Betfred Cup starts stupidly early. We should have got through with the players we had, but ho hum. 

Indeed.

Most of the players who played in the run in last season were all there for the League Cup.

There are folk now calling for the 2 strikers we signed after the League Cup to be dumped in favour of a striker who actually did play in the League Cup.

You couldn’t make it up! [emoji1]

Our colts appear able to beat League opposition so our first team should have been more than capable.

I’m totally in agreement with you DZ

I don’t think the folk having a pop at you understand.

The issue isn’t that we are £2 million debt.

The issue is that we have pulled in a fortune in transfer fees from McAllister, Mallan, Morgan and McGinn..... and blown it all on signing loads of shite players and appointing and sacking loads of new management teams!

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Wonder if a fit Stephen McGinn will get into the squad this weekend he is one of our better distribution players . Or is Stephen days numbers? Will be gutted if it's the latter. 

All about opinions, but I’d put Foley, Flynn and Magennis all ahead of him for a central spot.

He could probably do with being on the bench given his experience, but would be surprised to see him start more than 50% of games this season.

Reading the digger in work today and I see that the W7 group (never heard of them) were involved in a bit of trouble up at Motherwell.

I’ve never noticed any trouble against St Mirren before nor have I heard of the W7.  It’s clear they are just young guys but I was wondering if this seemed to be a one off incident or are these guys causing trouble for the club generally?

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

All about opinions, but I’d put Foley, Flynn and Magennis all ahead of him for a central spot.

He could probably do with being on the bench given his experience, but would be surprised to see him start more than 50% of games this season.

Flynn has been our best player since January, but I think he could do with a wee break. If he's fit I'd start Stephen the next 2 weeks. 

Magennis has been outstanding so far, and I'd keep him on the right for now. 

16 hours ago, Silvio said:

Flynn has been our best player since January, but I think he could do with a wee break. If he's fit I'd start Stephen the next 2 weeks. 

Magennis has been outstanding so far, and I'd keep him on the right for now. 

Part of our problem at the moment is our strikers are not been getting good delivery of the ball.. stephen McGinn has talent for a good pass into spaces . He is not great at breaking up play I'm sure given the chance he will show his hunger to get back. Flynn has been very good. Tomorrow for me is a must win game if we are to kick on. St Johnstone are improving Hearts will also improve at some point. It's quite obvious we need the strikers to score they in turn need decent delivery. 

After a great start Flynn has been poor the last two games. I'd bring Capatain Fantasic back in with Flynn on the bench. I'd also have McAllister on the bench and play Magennis right and Durmus left.  Goody said yesterday that we have to get the ball in the box more and I couldn't agree more. Too often when the ball is wide we try to take yet another defender on or pass it back - just get it in the box! Same with any free kick in the opposition half - get it in the box!

I'm unsure of any trouble they have caused and would be surprised if that was the case. They are a bunch of young lads who like singing, making banners and trying to bring some atmosphere to the games. They stand in W7, but don't believe they refer to themselves as that. For me they are more of a positive than a negative.
P.S. I'm a 48 year old with no connection to them. [emoji16]

Reading the digger in work today and I see that the W7 group (never heard of them) were involved in a bit of trouble up at Motherwell.
I’ve never noticed any trouble against St Mirren before nor have I heard of the W7.  It’s clear they are just young guys but I was wondering if this seemed to be a one off incident or are these guys causing trouble for the club generally?

On 19/09/2019 at 13:33, Dindeleux said:

There is no such group called w7 🤷‍♂️🤣

On 19/09/2019 at 13:33, Dindeleux said:

Was it an old Digger? The last time Saints played them away was almost 5 months ago.

Why were you reading it anyway, seeing if you were in it?