The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Gordon Scott saying today that we have gone over budget - a clear sign that there is a £2 million hole in our accounts and we are struggling for cash.

In all seriousness, I'd question why we've gone over budget. We're not in trouble and with the possible exception of McAllister there's not really anyone in the squad it was worth pushing the boat out for.

Too many payoffs perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Gordon Scott saying today that we have gone over budget - a clear sign that there is a £2 million hole in our accounts and we are struggling for cash.

In all seriousness, I'd question why we've gone over budget. We're not in trouble and with the possible exception of McAllister there's not really anyone in the squad it was worth pushing the boat out for.

We have the core of a squad on two-year deals now, mind. We need to stay up - desperately - and then hopefully there will be less costly churn in future windows. 

36 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

These international fixtures (and our inability to qualify for the knockout bit of the LC) are fucking this season, though. There's more in October, too. Can we not just have some football? So stop-start. 

Early kick off's also are  a pain if you dont live in Paisley the area . You just know old firm games will be 12.15. 

Well I don't see Scott giving us 2 millions and either would the banks, so I don't see where you get the 2 millions from.

24 minutes ago, tam the bud said:
3 hours ago, Stu said:

Well I don't see Scott giving us 2 millions and either would the banks, so I don't see where you get the 2 millions from.

He was joking about that part.

24 minutes ago, tam the bud said:
3 hours ago, Stu said:

He's taking the piss out of Demented Zebra who has been going about shouting about us being in the hole to the tune of £2m since Kearney went. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

He's taking the piss out of Demented Zebra who has been going about shouting about us being in the hole to the tune of £2m since Kearney went. 

Hello my good friend jumping in with both feet AGAIN. Let's see if 2 million has been blown. My humble opinion it has. You obviously think it's not. November published accounts will put this to rest. 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Hello my good friend jumping in with both feet AGAIN. Let's see if 2 million has been blown. My humble opinion it has. You obviously think it's not. November published accounts will put this to rest. 

Can we see your calculations/evidence please?

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

It 100% won't put it to rest. As I keep telling you, November's accounts will be for FY18 so assuming this runs to March 31st 2019, won't include any of the payoffs from the point where you have went off at the deep end - namely Kearney's departure.

My point - my entire point - is that regardless of how much money we've spent, it was clearly money that was there and has NOT put us in the financial shit that you have explicitly said we're in. 

If we had £2m of extra income and have burned through that and broke even, so be it....expensive mistakes but no lasting damage, money comes and goes as they say. You are literally arguing with fresh air about that as I've never even touched on that with you as far as I remember.

Your outright proclamation that we are in financial peril as a result of spending money that was there to be spent/saved/whatever is where I have taken you to task.

For the record, if the accounts come out and we have posted a loss of several hundred thousand quid in FY18, I'll concede you are correct and be concerned. 

If however, we post a significant increase in cash flow, a significant increase in outgoings and are close to break even as I suspect, you'll get it for talking shite. As I said, my umbrage with what you're saying isn't that we've burned through the increased transfer income, as we likely have.... its your insistence that we've financially crippled ourselves in doing so. 

I'm 100% confident this will not be the case. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

It 100% won't put it to rest. As I keep telling you, November's accounts will be for FY18 so assuming this runs to March 31st 2019, won't include any of the payoffs from the point where you have went off at the deep end - namely Kearney's departure.

My point - my entire point - is that regardless of how much money we've spent, it was clearly money that was there and has NOT put us in the financial shit that you have explicitly said we're in. 

If we had £2m of extra income and have burned through that and broke even, so be it....expensive mistakes but no lasting damage, money comes and goes as they say. You are literally arguing with fresh air about that as I've never even touched on that with you as far as I remember.

Your outright proclamation that we are in financial peril as a result of spending money that was there to be spent/saved/whatever is where I have taken you to task.

Quite funny , you remind me of one of these wee yapping pooches following me round the forum if not financial then it's the abysmal online ticket system that Gordon Scott told hundreds of fans myself included that it would be fixed for the new season.  ITS NOT FIXED. 

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Quite funny , you remind me of one of these wee yapping pooches following me round the forum if not financial then it's the abysmal online ticket system that Gordon Scott told hundreds of fans myself included that it would be fixed for the new season.  ITS NOT FIXED. 

YOU started this interaction with ME, you fucking drunken mess.

I just referenced to Tam the bud that Stu was taking the piss out of you... I didn't offer an opinion or stance on it and you started talking to me. :lol: