The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Solid signing if it goes ahead although slightly frustrating if it pushes Jack Baird further down the pecking order.

Good to have competition for places, nonetheless.

Edited by RossC93

I would take big daft Kirky back.

He was slated by some of the less cognitively intact Saints fans after signing his PCA with the club now deceased, but pretty much kept us up on his own after that - who could forget his performance at Tannadice? For that alone, I would welcome him back.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Make no mistake. Posters like you and pozbaird were a very large part of the demise of that site.

Don't start trying to re-write history here.

Right on cue.

FFS indeed....

Screenshot_20190902-170137.png

Edited by Drooper

1 minute ago, Drooper said:

I would take big daft Kirky back.

He was slated by some of the less cognitively intact Saints fans after signing his PCA with the club now deceased, but pretty much kept us up on his own after that - who could forget his performance at Tannadice? For that alone, I would welcome him back.

He will be welcomed by everyone. 

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Make no mistake. Posters like you and pozbaird were a very large part of the demise of that site.

Don't start trying to re-write history here.

When I used to use B&WA, if I'd seen a post by you, Shull or faraway saint, I knew that it was generally going to be repetitive, petty scoring nonsense.

Both Drooper and Pozbaird actually make/made meaningful contributions as posters on both sites.

5 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Damn, I forgot those two things made him rubbish at football. 

I never suggested it was. He's still a capable defender for this league but he has  baggage that goes with him that could put clubs and fans off.

Edited by gannonball

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I never suggested it was. He's still a capable defender for this league but he has  baggage that goes with him that could put clubs and fans off.

Everyone needs to learn to respect each other no matter what your faith is. Some can be educated sadly a section of ether side of the old firm never will. As for Kirk he went through our system always gave 110%. Was nothing but a gent anytime I met him. Big man does not take nonsense on or off the park. Would love him back. 

Seems it might be a two year deal. Dunno if I'd be handing those out to 35 year old but maybe that's why he is choosing us.

He spent most of his Rangers career playing right back so guessing he can fill in there if required.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Seems it might be a two year deal. Dunno if I'd be handing those out to 35 year old but maybe that's why he is choosing us.

He spent most of his Rangers career playing right back so guessing he can fill in there if required.

Andy Millen 2 , a winner , a cheat , and a dirty old so and so !

12 minutes ago, billyg said:

Andy Millen 2 , a winner , a cheat , and a dirty old so and so !

Just what we need, tbh.

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fair, but Kirk has more than enough credit from his first spell with us to overrule most of that shite. I certainly expect that it won't be on display if/when he's back with the Buds.

I'm not saying transgressions should always be forgiven, btw. But I'd file him in a similar cabinet to Paul McGowan. Had lots of issues but still very highly thought of round Paisley way. Gowser got a good reception at the end of the game at Dundee last season.

Kirk Broadfoot - a wonderful signing. MacKenzie is a decent defender but not as good as Broadfoot. Never forget his mazy runs and his performance at Tannidice prior to that game at Fir Park. After his pre-contract he was brilliant. No saints fan could question his commitment.

Edit: Pretty much everything Drooper said. 

Edited by buddie06smfc