The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think it's relatively safe here, I hope. They're an insular bunch. I don't think they'd like the idea of taking a roasting from opposition fans. That's the impression I get, anyway.

Yeah, B&W army is the wee safe echo chamber where they all agree with each other that Gordon Scott is the devil and St Mirren are on the brink of disaster at all times. Demented Zebra tried to bring us a taste of B&W army over here, but he ended up just getting drunk and making a c**t of himself.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Yeah, B&W army is the wee safe echo chamber where they all agree with each other that Gordon Scott is the devil and St Mirren are on the brink of disaster at all times. Demented Zebra tried to bring us a taste of B&W army over here, but he ended up just getting drunk and making a c**t of himself.

Give your fingers a good wipe with toilet paper. 

Looks like it could be a quiet day in Paisley (unless Top Man Jimbo is having a bit of fun).

I'm fine with things as they are. Another centre half would be a bonus, but we should probably try to keep some funds for January when a couple of our loanees could be away.

_20190902_103420.JPG

On here generally the talk is about football. On B&W army there are many who seem to spend all day using the quote function. They wait for someone to post anything then slag off what that person commented on. Dire, repetitive, juvenile and pointless. They rarely discuss football in a football forum. Time Div closed it down or put the lunatics back in the asylum.

5 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Looks like it could be a quiet day in Paisley (unless Top Man Jimbo is having a bit of fun).

I'm fine with things as they are. Another centre half would be a bonus, but we should probably try to keep some funds for January when a couple of our loanees could be away.

_20190902_103420.JPG

I thought we might sign another defender, probably a fullback who could cover both sides, but it does seem like we are done. I think we are still a bit light at the back.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah. An injury or suspension to either fullback would be bad news. 

There is even just the fact Watters can't play against Kilmarnock as well. Right now the backup full backs are Erahahon and MacPherson. On top of that, McKenzie is quite injury prone, and often misses large periods of the season. If he's injured and we get a suspension or whatever a back 4 of Erhahon, Mcloughlin/Baird, McGinn, MacPherson isn't beyond the realms of possibility, and that's a scary thought...

A utility defender would be ideal, as folks have suggested, but they are thin on the ground.

McGinn can cover left back with MacPherson on the right (as we set up for the Hibs game), but it isn't ideal. It would have been good to have kept a hold of Hodson, for that reason.

2 hours ago, Drooper said:

A utility defender would be ideal, as folks have suggested, but they are thin on the ground.

McGinn can cover left back with MacPherson on the right (as we set up for the Hibs game), but it isn't ideal. It would have been good to have kept a hold of Hodson, for that reason.

Think the Hodson decision was out of our hands as we definitely were in for him, he'd have more than likely been the first signing of pre-season if we'd had our way.

4 hours ago, NorthBank said:

On here generally the talk is about football. On B&W army there are many who seem to spend all day using the quote function. They wait for someone to post anything then slag off what that person commented on. Dire, repetitive, juvenile and pointless. They rarely discuss football in a football forum. Time Div closed it down or put the lunatics back in the asylum.

There is a repetitive feel to the forum.  There are still good posters about and if you check the numbers visiting it's still high. This Saints theard has The Gordon Scott Fan club but hey hoo you will always get the drama queens on any forum. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

There is a repetitive feel to the forum.  There are still good posters about and if you check the numbers visiting it's still high. This Saints theard has The Gordon Scott Fan club but hey hoo you will always get the drama queens on any forum. 

I'll grant you there still are a few good posters but the numbers are not high. It's the same posters who are always on-line and going off topic and slagging everyone off.