The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

JG said that we are actively pursuing one potential signing and we might squeeze another one in after that.
My money is on another striker.
So there's still a chance for the Isma and Mihai double signing Friday [emoji7]

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Got to imagine at least one will be a loan deal. 

Goodwin implying that a lot of groundwork has been done in regards to one of the two new faces were after.

Of it was Mihai or Isma, you'd be as well just burying me now. :lol:

I've got a strong feeling Mihai is coming back. Just can't quite see it being Isma, as hilarious as that would be.

It would be good if Calum Waters considered a permanent deal with us come January. Does his current contract with Killie not run out next June?

I guess it depends on what happens with Taylor, if Killie punt him then they might see Waters as an ideal replacement.  

26 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

It would be good if Calum Waters considered a permanent deal with us come January. Does his current contract with Killie not run out next June?

I guess it depends on what happens with Taylor, if Killie punt him then they might see Waters as an ideal replacement.  

It was mentioned somewhere he is out of contract next summer, though he confirmed in interview pre match, that he has a couple of years to run on his contract at Killie. If Taylor leaves and he performs well, they may recall him back early (Jan) though I am sure they will be looking for a more permanent replacement before this window closes if Taylor does move on. They should fetch a decent fee for him.

31 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Waters on his interview on buddie vision said he can be recalled in January.  Goes on to say he will return to Kilmarnock at the end of the season as he has another year on his contract.  

3 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Kilmarnock assistant manager was sitting near me in the main stand. Calum Davidson further down he is first team coach at Dunfermline.  

Stevie Clarke was in attendance too. Saw him heading through the main entrance at about 2.45. Can't say he'd be too impressed with McKenna's performance. 

4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Waters on his interview on buddie vision said he can be recalled in January.  Goes on to say he will return to Kilmarnock at the end of the season as he has another year on his contract.  

I thought it was reported that his contract was up in 2020. Have Kilmarnock extended it?

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Depends on whether he wants to play championship football or stay with us😊😛

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

If waters contract is up in 2020 then he's free to sign a PCA and if he's playing every week then i'm pretty sure the boy would prefer to do that.

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

I thought it was reported that his contract was up in 2020. Have Kilmarnock extended it?

Only thing I know is the buddie vision interview Waters clearly say's returning to Kilmarnock at the end of the season as I have another year on my contract.